1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. cakv

cakv Senior member

What do you make of the quality and longevity of these boots? My main concern is that they say "waxed suede"

If they are not good, do you have any recs for <$100 decent desert boots that have a sleeker shape? I'd like to wear the boots I buy with jeans/chinos and a polo.

What do y'all think of the construction of this?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  2. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

Has anyone bought anything from Nordstrom Rack online and experienced shipping delay this past week? I'm wondering if they are really having some shipping issues at the warehouse or CSR just handed me a line as my orders have been sitting there for a week in the queue already.

3. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

@cakv why don't you try some boots off topic. They will be a lot better quality

4. cakv

cakv Senior member

Hi! Thanks for responding, though not sure what you mean. What is "off topic"?

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

@cakv oops sorry autocorrect changed it. Meant yoox

6. Torzano

Torzano Well-Known Member

Does taking in the waist on a pair of chinos make a pleat or ripple in the fabric?

7. strangebrew

strangebrew Well-Known Member

Anyone have any recommendations for a fishtail parka? Just looking for a shell without a liner. Also it needs to have a hood. Preferably something with some sort of technical fabric like nylon

8. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

9. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Guys, my Google-Fu is weak. I see the new iwatch comes in a variety of price points; I don't need the most outrageous, but see the best buy version, at $370-ish, seems to be the cheapest. If someone wants one for Xmas, which version do they want -- and where do you buy it? Thanks.

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

No. A tailor should do it at the seam.

http://www.apple.com/watch/compare/

Those are the 4 different models. There are 2 sizes (38 and 42 mm) and then the band and finishing on the case can be different which would affect the price

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  11. noob in 89

noob in 89 Senior member

Oh, thanks! That settles it then. Looks like there's nothing really in between the polar price extremes, as some reports seemed to indicate.

What's shitty, though, is that the old models are being upgraded with the faster processor while also dropping in price -- so many won't need the gps and other exercise-related features, but I'll still look cheap at holiday time if I don't get them. :laugh:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  12. metsfan999

metsfan999 Member

[​IMG]

Can someone please ID these jeans? Thanks in advance.

13. gotribe

gotribe Well-Known Member

To anyone who owns a Norse Projects Lindisfarne, how warm is this coat? I am specifically asking about the latest winter version that is lined with Primaloft Gold and shearling. Thanks!

[​IMG]

14. okokyeye

okokyeye New Member

what sneakers are these?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Hello, does anybody know any pants with a cut similar to pier wu x snowman? Ie high rise, loose thighs with tapered ankles (7"). Thank you.

16. single origin

single origin Senior member

does anyone know what is the reason behind having a back pocket on parkas? I have this woolrich jacket and have no idea what purpose the back pocket serves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  17. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

Looking for recommendations of a good looking faded/bleached/light blue pair of jeans with a nice taper. I need less than a 7" leg opening with decent looking fades/distressing. I love the John Elliott denim but I don't want to drop that much $$ on pre-faded denim. I'm half tempted to try to bleach a pair of RGT's that I have but I'm too scared to ruin them. Selvedge isn't necessary but it's a nice perk. Under $200 ideally.

18. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Rag and bone, fit 1 (super skinny, ~6 inch) or fit 2 (slim skinny ~6.5!inch cuff) would work for you, they have a few pairs of light blue jeans currently. You can also find a few 15-20% off coupons floating around if you look.

1 person likes this.
  19. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

My understanding is that back pockets like that on parkas are legacy features that serve(d) a couple purposes. They are a pouch for carrying squirrels, rabbits and small game when hunting. And they are potentially useful for storage (for whatever) when you need to spend time lying on your stomach, as you might when hunting. Sometimes, jackets for climbers have pockets on the back so that they don't interfere with the climber's movements against a wall.

EDIT: I will say that, usually, pockets on the backs of jackets are at the bottom. I don't know why this one is high, it seems hard to reach.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
  20. Two Shoes

Two Shoes Senior member

Double post

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016