1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. accordion

accordion Senior member

Do AnnD derbies fit large? If so, by how much? Thanks

2. 1907jb

1907jb Well-Known Member

Does anybody know where I could find a watch strap in cordovan, preferably whiskey color and 20mm?

wornandwound is sold out..

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  3. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

@Deusis

1 person likes this.
  4. YoungM

YoungM Senior member

Any recommendations for a nice tech short, a la Outlier, that is easily obtained in the UK?

Normally, I'd just go for Outlier when I'm in the US, but shipping is $30, which puts me off them a bit.

5. ijung

ijung Active Member

Would it be practical for me to purchase this? Think it would go well with things like polos and long sleeve shirts? Or would I look like I'm about to go hunting..

[​IMG]

6. ghettofinger

ghettofinger Member

I'd say true to size. This is based on a single pair of derbies (the suede black ones with a contrasting sole from 2-3 years ago I believe) though. I also have a slightly narrow foot and they fit me perfectly (better than any other derby shoe I own) so maybe they fit a little bit narrow.

7. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Very appropriate for filming a Rangerover ad in the backcountry. Be sure to accessorize with rifle and copious amounts of camo

1 person likes this.
  8. thatboyo

thatboyo Senior member

9. accordion

accordion Senior member

What are some rules/advice on finding a suit for a wedding? It's a pretty casual event, at a restaurant, no tuxes. Just making sure there's no hidden faux pas cuz otherwise was just gonna order a navy one and get it tailored, and wear black derbies.

10. ijung

ijung Active Member

Haha dang. What about the Mackinaw Wool Vest?

[​IMG]

11. malcb33

malcb33 Senior member

@accordion

I sized down one for my AnnD derbys and they fit perfectly.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  12. Churchill W

If casual, I would go with brown shoes, though there's nothing wrong with black, but not my first choice.

Black open laced shoes are kind of oxymoron for me.

13. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Ordered my first pair of Birkenstocks and now upon receipt I am not sure about the size. I'm generally a 10 in say Buttero or McNairy, definitely a 9.5 Alden Barrie last. So I ordered a size 43. However I feel like they're a bit big. Bottom strap is to the last rung while the top strap is to the second to last rung. Length doesn't seem off. Just wondering if anyone has experience and what rung they're on. These are the basic Arizona suedes.

14. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

I'm a 42 in CP achillies and 8.5 Carmina rain last. The 43 fits fine on me; last rung on top strap and second last rung on bottom strap. Time to time I do feel that the top strap is a smidge tight but it stretches.

As long as you're find in length, you're good to go.

15. Roger Mellie

Roger Mellie Well-Known Member

Are loose fitting upper arms in Linen shirts considered as bad a fit as with other shirts?? I returned a Uniqlo shirt a while back as the arms were just far too loose - similar to the inside of the right arm in this photo with a lot of excess material (I notice many retailers try to hide excess material with photos taken from angles and other tricks).

[​IMG]

Anyway, I recently bought a heavier Irish Linen shirt from Banana Republic in what is meant to be a "grant slim fit", but the upper arms look even looser than the Uniqlo. Both shirts were otherwise a good fit. It seems the retailers make these linen shirts like this deliberately. Anyway, I want to keep the shirt, but it has bingo wing arms. What to do?

16. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

It makes sense to me. In climates where I'm actually going to be wearing something like a linen shirt having the extra space is nice for the air flow.

17. Torzano

Torzano Well-Known Member

Danielre, instagram menswear guy, has a website selling suits. I was wondering what suit pro's think about the prospects. The website is www.danielrecollection.com. Check it out let me know what you think.

18. Roger Mellie

Roger Mellie Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yeah, I was thinking of getting a slim fit linen shirt at one time. That is pretty dumb come to think of it since I don't work in an office or anything. I decided to keep it. The arms are no looser than other linen shirts, and the Banana Republic Grant Fit has a good slim fit silhouette which gives the shoulders and body good contrast. Also the Irish linen either doesn't crease as much or it isn't as noticeable as it's Indigo plaid.

19. Churchill W

I actually find the Uniqlo sleeves to be just right for me. Any slimmer and I don't think I could fit into it.

20. TheObserver

TheObserver Senior member

How long does it take End to answer emails? I have been waiting since forever.