• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking for a way to survive the upcoming winter. I'm a tall (6'6) guy with seemingly limited option about to go to PA, satan's icebox

One person tells me to slap on a peacoat over a hoodie but as a college student I feel everyone in the world has one- should I jump on board?

Can techy jackets (north face parkas) look good on us average joe's? (exhibit A: http://www.gq.com/entertainment/music/201212/frank-ocean-photos-gq-december-2012#slide=4 )

Other options?

Depends on what you are going for. I have a Duffle coat that is extremely warm and looks great (of course I live in Texas and get to wear it about 5 times a year). Fills the same role as a pea coat but is a little more distinctive.

MrTony92

Reaction score
So I'm looking at Corter belts and I'm wondering - does their thickness actually affect anything?

Like, will it simply be less malleable than a thinner belt?

Or will it straight up not even fit through some pants' belt loops? Or is it something else?

It creates an awkward visible bulge at times, and shirts get caught on top of it sometimes

Feji

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with sewing machines? Looking to pick one up for ~$100 to do basic alterations - pants hemming, sleeve shortening.

masshi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm looking at Corter belts and I'm wondering - does their thickness actually affect anything?

Like, will it simply be less malleable than a thinner belt?

Or will it straight up not even fit through some pants' belt loops? Or is it something else?

It creates an awkward visible bulge at times, and shirts get caught on top of it sometimes

:eek:

Thanks.

mr usneun

Reaction score
From what japanese fashion magazine is this pic from? I know this sounds weird but I have seen some shots lately and now it got my attention:

SurakiCrim

Reaction score
I want to start layering tees with other textures like knits or tee+tee. any good advice to pull this off? and any brands that have good basics for this type of layering?
slide1.jpg

Deadkitty

Reaction score
Who makes blazers out of a sweatshirt type material? I really like my uu easy jacket and I want something similar in navy

jmj8778

Reaction score
I'm planning on buying the shoes below as a bit of a statement piece for summer wear. If I like dressing boldly/confidently, what colors should I look at in shorts and polo shirts to pair with the shoes?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to start layering tees with other textures like knits or tee+tee. any good advice to pull this off? and any brands that have good basics for this type of layering?
slide1.jpg
Some designers have tanks for layering. You can look at Robert Geller, Rick Owens, Damir Doma, and Void the Brand
Who makes blazers out of a sweatshirt type material? I really like my uu easy jacket and I want something similar in navy
I think Wings + Horns still do it.

Nawzlew

Reaction score
Hello.

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask this question, but can someone help me ID this black hoodie?

When the two front zippers are unzipped, the inner lining is red.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads