1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Check your previous post on this. I think some of us already answered.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  2. okayvin

okayvin Member

i'm getting a pair of beater winter boots (i expect salt damage).

it has a rubber half sole stitched on but I want to add a Topy because that would be cheaper than having to replace the stitched half sole and its not worth the cost of a half-sole resole for these

does anybody here have experience with Topying a rubber half sole?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  3. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Depends on your definition of reasonably priced. Stephan Schneider makes really awesome knits. If you want something cheaper I've heard COS is pretty decent

4. leeba

leeba Senior member

Where to cop loose tapered wool (or brushed cotton) pants for a reasonable (<$250) price? Open to different levels of volume as long as the taper is tasteful. No slim straight stuff. Would rather not Yoox roulette without some guidance - looking for something with a little weight to it so not traditional suiting wool.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  5. BlackOUT

BlackOUT Member

Anyone own an Aspesi field jacket? Love this style have various others looking at purchasing one. Thoughts on fit function etc.

6. nothclif

nothclif Well-Known Member

This might be answered better classic menswear but figured I'd look here first. I was invited to a cocktail party in a few weeks and wanted to double check on proper attire, as I rarely dress up.
    Planning on a Navy suit, white dress shirt, black shoes/belt, and no tie. Would that be fine?

7. Churchill W

That all sounds fine. I would carry a tie just in case. Personally I would go with brown belt and shoes, but that's my own preference.

1 person likes this.
  8. accordion

accordion Senior member

Does anyone know if Margiela denim fits the same across cuts? Slim/regular, etc?

9. neostrifeX

neostrifeX Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but could anyone here that lives in Hong Kong help me get in contact with Konzepp (retailer). That or if anyone could share any experience ordering from them since I placed an order, haven't gotten any reply to my email for quite awhile.

10. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

Where to buy nudies for cheapest price?

11. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

I feel like they're almost always on sale at Amazon, plus 30% off today for Cyber Monday.

1 person likes this.
  12. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

??? They're different cuts. A slim fit size 50 is slimmer than their regular size 50.

13. zwyf

zwyf Member

I'm trying to layer t shirts under my sweaters so that the t-shirt is poking out nicely underneath. However I can't seem to get it right, often the sweater will scrunch up and the layering effect will be lost. Is it just impossible with some sweaters because of the elastic? Or could I be a question of trying to go a size up.

I'm 175cm and I'm currently taking sweaters/knits in medium. Does anyone also know where I could get some solid colour tee's in relaxed fit? Uniqlo is pretty decent but I find that they are pretty slim, especially the white ones.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  14. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

does anyone know the thread fok put up that's basically a list of all the online merchants?

15. accordion

accordion Senior member

I meant if the same cut across line 10, 14, and different designs fit similarly. Like if I should take the same size in all cuts marked "slim" regardless of material or season.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  16. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Oh my bad. I've tried on the slim pants in the same size across different lines and they fit the same. They were from the same season, SS14. Not sure if different seasons fit differently.

1 person likes this.
  17. Kevin24

Kevin24 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

In terms of outerwear I am looking for a good causal/classic winter jacket and I was wondering how would a Barbour Beaufort or Bedale suit this purpose? I live in the Washington D.C. area where the winters are often wet and cold. Would it help much against cold and wind? From what I understand they are excellent at keeping water out but less so at keeping out the cold. I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me?

18. clarksdb

clarksdb Senior member

I want to grab Jean Shop raw denim with the orange selvedge in slim fit size 33 or 34 LONG. Best place to grab them at a good price?

19. Churchill W

Good for the wind, but it's not heavy/insulated enough to keep you warm. There was one guy from Boston though that felt it was enough. Personally I don't.

20. Kevin24

Kevin24 Well-Known Member

What you recommend then?