1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. suda51

suda51 Member

Search for good casual black trousers. Are Norse Projects Aros any good? How's their sizing? Every site shows another waist size. My true waist is around 75-76 cm, but I don't have any fitting trousers for refference right now.

2. packerforthree

packerforthree New Member

[​IMG]
    Where can I find these pants or anything like them?!

3. singsong

singsong Active Member

I have a pair of Aros Heavy Twill and think they're pretty great quality for the price you can find them for, they're pretty much bomb proof. Tagged 33 and they're 17.5" at the waist, which I would say is true to size. Really comfortable fit with the heavy fabric.

4. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I would check epaulet, one of the sites sponsors.

5. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

My go to, for a funeral, is black suit, black tie, white shirt, and black captoes. Your dress just needs to be respectful. A dark suit should suffice too. Sorry for your loss.

That's vanity sized IMO. 33 does not equal 35.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  6. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

whats that online canadian consigment shop that sells artisan brands?

7. CityHunter

CityHunter Senior member

Me thinks you are talking about http://re-porter.ca/

1 person likes this.
  8. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

Can someone put me onto some good house shoes/slippers that dont look like uggs?

9. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk Senior member

i bought a pair of double monk marc mcnairys a year or so ago but they are the most uncomfortable shoes. They're like a black pebble grain. Any one have any ideas to make them wearable? I've added insoles but then they get too tight.

10. bigsink

bigsink Senior member

Fit: is this shirt too big in the chest? My chest measures about 42.5 and this was ordered a 23.5 from proper cloth. I'm considering going down to 23.25. 23.00 was far too small and pulled strongly. http://imgur.com/a/EFTSg

11. hardtobeagod

hardtobeagod Active Member

Gucci slippers, I'd go for the croc skin one

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    2 people like this.
  12. varsityreds0123

varsityreds0123 Senior member

Can someone identify this jacket?

[​IMG]

13. sepp

sepp Senior member

Are Lad Musician stuff now made in China too?

Was browsing through some ads and found a size that might fit me but the pic of the label showed this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  14. sslvlss

sslvlss New Member

[​IMG]

anyone wanna be my new best friend and ID these boots? have been scowering the web for days...

15. orlylow

orlylow Senior member

Recommendations on where to shop in London? Will probably hit DSM, oi polloi around the oxford station region?

16. 1up

1up Senior member

Does it look odd to style a cropped trucker denim jacket with a longer buttonup shirt?

Should I only style it with shirts that are the same length?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  17. suda51

suda51 Member

I will repost there from another thread. [​IMG]

I ordered my first pair of CPs lows week ago. I'm something in between 41 and 42 in EU sizes with normal width, so I bought size 40 following a size down rule. Sneakers were good in length painfully narrow to the point when even loosed laces are quite short and every move in them was what I imagine Julia from Hellraiser 2 felt (see picture 1). Returned them and sized up for 41. They are more comfortable but a bit loose (have some heel slippage) and a bit long (good 2 cm free room from toe to end of the shoe, not sure if qualify as clown shoes, please see picture 2). They also squeak, so I try to break them in right now, but not sure how long does it take to break them in. This squeaking really annoys me. Due to a small bit loose fitting I thought about insole or thicker socks for winter. Thought about returning them, but to my surprise both Wings+Horns and Svensson use same sole as CPs, so no matter which alternative I choose fit wouldn't be right. And I dig dem gold numbers.
    What should I do? Switch back to 40 or keep 41? I heard smaller size eventually streches out, but as narrow as it was I was afraid it wouldn't help me much. And silhouette would be ruined. 41 with insole should fit pretty well if this annoying squeak will go away after break in, will need to live with length I guess (if they aren't clown shoes as I think all the time). I'm 175 cm in height for record (yeah, manlet :( ).
    Size 40:
    http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151017/ihk4zr9i.jpg
    Size 41 (sorry for ugly black sock, wear them at home trying to break in):
    http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151017/tingvxux.jpg
    http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151017/bfwof7z3.jpg
    http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151017/4qyplxm4.jpg

18. lakersfan8357

lakersfan8357 Active Member

Any list of Sanders stockists online or in the US? If I do order them from across the pond how badly will I be fucked by customs? Tres-Bien never hits me with anything so I've been a bit spoiled....

19. slothrob

slothrob New Member

A1923 folks, do you wear prefer your boots with or without insoles? I have a pair of reverse calf lace ups and they fit well but I'm considering getting some insoles because they're pretty hard on my feet. I have fairly high arches and these things do a number on the ball of the foot in my case.

20. masshi

masshi Senior member

is there an sf-approved pill-shaver or will any one do?