1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

Sure, it'll work. I can't tell if the jeans are dark blue or black. I think blue denim generally works better with brown shoes than black, but black and blue has a vibe, too. Black and black is a no-brainer. Black denim and brown shoes—that takes attitude (and the right shade of brown), but it can be done.

1 person likes this.
  2. ssortablaeht

ssortablaeht Member

How does Buttero run? If I'm an 11.5/12 in Clarks Desert Boots, would an 11 in Buttero work or be too small? Thanks :)

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  3. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I haven't had a pair of Clarks in a while (and have forgotten what size I took), but I'm generally an 11.5 U.S. and the Buttero 12 fits me very comfortably (right out of the box with two pairs of low-tops; a pair of high-tops took a few wearings to fully break in). 11 would definitely be too small for me - I'd say the Buttero 12 fits like a standard U.S. 11.5. Hope that's of some help.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  4. 1up

1up Senior member

Is travelling with a leather duffle and also a leather briefcase too much? Overkill?

5. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

Can someone ID the jeans on the right ?

Rick Owens detroit ?

[​IMG]

6. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

has anyone purchased the Ben Nevis "knockoff" Baracuta G9 Harrington Jacket?

if so, thoughts (esp. on sizing)? thanks.

[​IMG]

7. loarbmhs

loarbmhs Senior member

I'd give the same answer if you were asking: "Is it too much to wear leather shoes and carry a leather briefcase?" Carry whatever you need to carry to hold the stuff you want to transport. (Ok, I'll admit that I wouldn't recommend toting two grocery bags and defining them as "matched luggage.") But no one is going to ding you for being "over leathered"--and if they do, the heck with them. Think about something important, like the Nepal tragedy, and release yourself from any leather anxiety.

8. ssortablaeht

ssortablaeht Member

Great! Thanks so much for the reply!

9. 1up

1up Senior member

Hahah true words, thanks :)

10. Nikitah

Nikitah New Member

Any recommendations for streetwear blogs that have japanese streetwear in it?
    I saw some cool japan streetwear in on blog and was wondering maybe somebody know more of them?
    Blog i saw those fits was http://dopestreetwear.com/

11. wanksy

wanksy Senior member

How does Margiela 5-zip jacket fit? TTS?

12. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

I was watching a movie called The Divine Move and the guy wears some sweet glasses...

Looking for these: http://inoti5505.tistory.com/m/post/227 <korean blog link (not spam)

I've already looked at salt optics, OP, GL, BP, WP. seems like they only sell it in korea? anyone know w2c in USA?

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  13. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

14. Ezio

Ezio Senior member

15. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

Yes. The slightly different greys will clash, and a grey denim uniform isn't a great look, either. If you want to go all grey, go with one pale and one dark. Grey and black can also work. So could grey and dark blue.

16. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

Possibly. The AA will certainly do if you're trying to cop that look—although it would help if you filled out the sleeves like Walker, as opposed to the AA model.

17. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

Haha lol I thought the same hahaha ...

18. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  19. einfallsloserName123

einfallsloserName123 Well-Known Member

As I want to wear some shirts more often I have some noob questions:

Traditionally a curved hem means that it has to be tucked in the pants, right? But I think I saw lots of pictures were people didn't do so, also in the WAYWT-Thread on this side of the forum, especially when worn under sweaters, but also in other fits, I think. I actually like that look, but never really looked for it on the streets. Is it "OK" to do so? Is there something to keep in mind then, regarding the hem? That the curve is not to extrem and something like that? Where should the hem end at the front, sides, back?

I know that people where wear some unconventional stuff, but I want to wear it in a casual way and don't feel right on the mc-side of this forum.

Thanks in advance!

edit:
    Ah, and I forgot something else:
    When a straight hem would be better, is it easy for a tailor to alter it, to make it straight? And can a tailor easily alter how a shirt fits in the waist or has there to be a seam in the back?

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  20. shmoomentality

shmoomentality Member

@einfallsloserName123, a shirt that is intended to be tucked will usually have a curved hem and a longer tail at the back, so it won't come untucked. If I wear a shirt untucked I will aim for it to hit about midway down the rise and seat of my pants. I used to worry about straight versus curved hem when wearing shirts untucked but now I don't think about it much. The appropriateness of a tucked shirt (in an outfit with conventional proportions) is more a function of its length. It is easy for a tailor to turn a curved hem shirt into a straight hem. A tailor can slim the whole body by taking in the side seams, or taper it by adding darts in the back.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    1 person likes this.