• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody know where I can get this shirt (or a similar one)? Thanks in advance.

that's a granddad collar, essentially. you could get a uniqlo shirt and cut off the collar as some in waywt have done to their linen shirts this summer. the shirt in that pic looks v. shiny--dunno where you can get a silk granddad shirt, but you can get close if u go diy.

mr usneun

Reaction score
that's a granddad collar, essentially. you could get a uniqlo shirt and cut off the collar as some in waywt have done to their linen shirts this summer. the shirt in that pic looks v. shiny--dunno where you can get a silk granddad shirt, but you can get close if u go diy.

Levis Vintage did some of those, I had one, it looks like one of those shirts from Titanic haha.

blacksamurai30

Reaction score
Trying to decide if I should sell my walnut AE Dalton's for a pair of Alden Indy Boots. Any opinions?

herp

Reaction score
Where can I get decent linen shirts in europe to wear untucked?
Also are there any other good brands beside inis meain for knit wear (mainly cable knits and chunky crew necks)?

Hype1234

Reaction score
What is the purpose of 1% polyester in a t-shirt? Is it better to go with 100% cotton, or is there some reason for this?

mr usneun

Reaction score

What is the purpose of 1% polyester in a t-shirt? Is it better to go with 100% cotton, or is there some reason for this?

it does make it sexy and stretchy. 100% cotton is always very sturdy unless the cotton is very thin.

kloss

Reaction score
http://ateliernewyork.com/designers/guidi/?pid=60557

What do you guys think of these button-up boots? I don't know why, but I really like them.

Though I am fairly certain that I will regret purchasing them at $1.4K. They don't look very versatile, do they? I'm a novice here and I don't know if I could make them work. Since I can cover up the buttons with my pants when discretion is desired, they should be about as versatile as the backzips, right?

Does Atelier ever have sale prices? What are the chances that they will restock this model in the future?

Thanks.

Any opinions are welcome about the boots.

Zaymer

Reaction score
What are "the basic" solid t-shirt colors one should acquire for the beginning of a wardrobe? White, grey, and navy? Any others?

Bortelli

Reaction score

What are "the basic" solid t-shirt colors one should acquire for the beginning of a wardrobe? White, grey, and navy? Any others?

Invest not only in solids but striped shirts, just make sure the stripes aren't huge like the american flag, because that looks marsupialed. And stay away from logos on the left side of your chest please.

jacket

Reaction score
Invest not only in solids but striped shirts, just make sure the stripes aren't huge like the american flag, because that looks marsupialed. And stay away from logos on the left side of your chest please.

Right side of chest okay though?

BeeBoying

Reaction score
I recently bought an alpha industries m65, and it fits pretty tight on the shoulders. That said, I don't feel like sending it back to size up, only to look baggier.
I know you guys really like to layer, but I wanna keep it to a minimum since my m65 fits kinda tight. What can I buy, so as to maximize warmth? Should I opt to buy the ALS/92 liner, or is there a piece that's a LOT warmer?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads