1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. HollyJoint

HollyJoint Senior member

Hello.

This gives light jacket for a casual look with slim jeans or chinos with desert shoes, look good?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I don't understand your analogy with the button-fly trousers.

Topcoats are pretty much just longer versions of sportscoat/jackets, so it makes sense to follow the same rules.

3. loarbmhs

loarbmhs Senior member

A lame attempt at humor.

4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

What's a Tshirt brand that sells tees slightly longer than usual, but aren't thin as fuck?

And I mean a lil bit down the crotch long, not hug your ass like a dress ong.

thanks in advanced friends

5. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

Ah. I see. Sometimes those don't translate well on to the screen. Like the effort though.:)

6. Joel Joseph

Joel Joseph Member

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  7. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I want some boots to wear with my tweed and wool flannel trousers. I only have one pair which I feel it's perfect for those, C&J Islays.

But I can't really think of an alternative. Non-brogue, non-pebble leather balmoral boots feel too dressy to me, whereas tweed and wool flannel are pretty casual. Work boots, on the other hand, are too bulky, even the sleekest ones (Wolverine 1000 mile?).

I was thinking maybe some brogue, smooth leather, burgundy shell cordovan boots, like these AE, maybe?

[​IMG]

But maybe they're too close to my Islays and I wanted something a bit different.

Also, do you think these WJK would be OK with some grey wool flannel trousers or they are too goth ninja? I already have a pair but I just wear them with black and grey jeans.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  8. eknapp

eknapp Well-Known Member

Quick question. I am heading to NY for business next week. No snow or rain but it will be in the 30's. Wearing a suit for meetings and wondering what piece of outerwear I should bring. I'm from CA so my choices are limited to a brown cashmere car coat or a black Burberry trench coat (lined). Thank you

9. eknapp

eknapp Well-Known Member

Sorry, wrong section. Please disregard

10. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

On a mission to find some nice button tees. I was eyeing this particular button tee. Two buttons only , slubbed , not very pronounced.

Want this exactly. Unfortunatly the brand that makes this does not carry my size.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  11. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

Is it OK to wear dress shoes with jeans for smart casual? Some say it's a big no-no to wear dress shoes with jeans. Any thoughts? Thanks!

12. essesserr

essesserr Member

Does anyone recognize this shirt? I got to try it on at some party but was too wasted to remember the check the label [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

C&J Conistons work well for this also imho.
    Trickers Stow or Burford, you might still find those too bulky.
    Alden in the right last - I have a couple of pairs of captoe boots on the Grant last which I wear with sportscoat/odd flannel trousers - I think Barrie or Trubalance are too bulky for this though.
    Carmina make some models that would suit - I have a pair of the WW2 hatchgrain boots they did through Epaulet.
    Vass have some really good-looking boots for this but I have no personal experience, only with their shoes so far.

14. firemovesaway

firemovesaway Member

I'm a noob when it comes to style and right now I'm reading about high and low colour and value contrast and I'm not sure what applies to me.

I have green eyes, light but not brutally white skin and light to medium brown hair. I took pictures of my eyes, skin and hair with and without flash:

[​IMG]

So, what am I and what colour schemes go with that?
    My best guess is that I'm low to medium colour and low to medium value contrast, but I'm really not sure I get it at all.

15. ricki7789

ricki7789 Member

Anybody know the brand and make of these glasses? Obsessed with the shape!! AND NEED THEM IN MY LIFE. PLEASE HELP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I NEED THESE

16. BigPoppa

BigPoppa Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the shoes, the jeans, and what top you're wearing. Something really dressy (shiny black captoes) would look kinda odd with jeans. Some other dress shoes are not as formal (wingtips; brown, especially lighter shades; non-shiny) and would look fine with dark jeans and a button up shirt.

17. fwwilkes

fwwilkes Active Member

Slate and stone any good? I keep seeing their sneakers on gilt...

18. Hot_Escargot

Hot_Escargot Well-Known Member

Bump. Anyone?

19. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Senior member

What's the best Steve McQueen style reference book out there if you can get only just one?

20. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Senior member

Which Wolverine 1000s boot does everyone recommend? Looking to get a pair of winter boots (not heavy winter) Possibly looking to wear around the office. Thanks.