1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. loarbmhs

loarbmhs Senior member

i've got one word for you; Alden. They check off all the boxes you mentioned. And as luck would have it, I too used to be a Church's customer but switched to Alden.

1 person likes this.
  2. justusss

justusss Senior member

I apologize if this has been asked in this thread a million times, but what t-shirts are you guys wearing lately? Looking for something with a little more washed/character than my beater Uniqlo Supima ones but I also don't wanna drop $80 on a tee. Any middle ground come to mind? Only thing I can think of might be W+H.

3. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Jcrew tees and crewnecks.

4. Halloween-

Halloween- Well-Known Member

Any suggestions for pants and shoes for these two items? Probably will wear the coat more often. I live in Canada if that helps. So far I am thinking of dark jeans and brown shoes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. rondor

rondor New Member

Hi,

I have a navy blue coat and a grey scarf. What color must my beanie be?

6. bradp

bradp Senior member

Any color you want

7. masshi

masshi Senior member

[​IMG]

Any close alternatives to this jacket? Or does anybody where I can still snag one in a small?

8. ItSuit

ItSuit Active Member

Anyone recommends any good pea coat? I have one that I bought in 2008 and still using but its shit quality. No budget for this one too be honest.

Also any recommendation for dress boots? Looking for something in dark brown. Preferably less than $200.

9. Ingenuity92

Ingenuity92 Well-Known Member

alright guys step a side, I'm looking for a dark grey flannel type shirt like this... [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I could just get it for $100 from armani exchange, but im hoping i can get it for like $50 from somewhere. I already checked Uniqlo, Club Monacco, Abercrombie and Everlane. I thought i could find this thing anywhere.

Heres Club Manacco which came pretty close
    [​IMG]

Whatever i get doesnt have to have the placket covering the buttons. What do you think about the brown buttons on the CM shirt?

10. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

Save up some money and hit up a Navy surplus store.

11. vorhven

vorhven Member

Hey, I'm new here. I have a question pertaining to fit/weight of raw denim jeans. I can't stand when the crotch area of jeans feels small or feels like the jeans are pressing against my genitals. Does avoiding this mean getting a bigger front rise when picking jeans or just getting a bigger waist overall? Does the weight of the jean have anything to do with this and would getting a lower weight jean help this out? And lastly, could you recommend a raw denim(slim taper) jean/ brand i may look into that would fit me given what I have described above?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  12. personone

personone Active Member

Like, are the leather sleeves a must? Because baseball/varsity jackets (or jackets like that) were huge a year ago. Levi's had some. Gap. Topman. J Crew, probably.

My question is: is there a collaquial name for the edgy/tattooed/punk/pretty boy look I'm seeing on sites like Diesel and ASOS? Like:

http://us.asos.com/Diesel/Diesel-T-...tion=1o4&gclid=CMXK_7ChgsMCFaNj7Aods2gAtg&r=2

I sort of feel like it's an English thing, but I'm not aware of any subcultures.

13. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

What brands for hidden placket dress shirts? Would be nice if they are cut for people with big shoulders and chest.

14. CTfam

CTfam Member

Can I wear a tailored dress shirt untucked with nice pair of dark blue jeans? Also wearing black slip on dress shoes.

This is my Friday night douche bag outfit. Please critique.

15. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

16. Calculon88

Calculon88 Member

I would like to buy a vintage suede jacket but here are a few questions:

1. How much care is involved in maintaining a suede jacket versus a leather jacket?

2. Is this style work-safe or is it too casual?

[​IMG]

17. Nuckinya

Nuckinya Active Member

Can anyone give me an ID on this jacket that the Chet Faker (the singer) is wearing? Really digging the bomber jacket with the shirt-like bottom.

18. noeltazz

noeltazz Well-Known Member

Is this shirt too small?

[​IMG]

I'm 5'8, the shirt is a size 2 in band of outsiders. the shoulder stitch hits alright, but a little snug in the upper body, but I do work out as well... Does it look okay?

19. Certified Pain

Certified Pain Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thoughts on this jacket? I've got a bunch of reward points I want to cash out so I can get it sub $50.

20. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

What brand is that? Looks like a nice trench with all the classic details.