1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. IDH

IDH Senior member

I have 3 TOJ jackets that I have outgrown (a navy pea coat, black MDR and black moto) and I'm looking to sell them in order to fund new purchases. Other than the B&S forum, does anyone have any ideas where I could list them? Also what is considered a reasonable going rate for second hand TOJ items?

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

If that pea coat will fit me, I'm in :devil:

There are a few other forums + e-bay.

3. Strewth

Strewth Member

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  4. masshi

masshi Senior member

grailed seems like a popular place to list clothing

and if you're a common size, you could probably get away with asking what you paid for them (the peacoat especially since it's discontinued)

5. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

Reminds me more of Fred Perry.

6. boned

boned Senior member

What's more versatile: zip hoodie or crewneck?

Ordered a nice black hoodie for the first time in years and afraid of looking juvenile (I'm 25). Aesthetic-wise, I ride a line between monochrome street wear and workwear.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  7. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

[question answered, thanks!]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  8. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Actually that is why I liked it originally. :) I love mod style but I'm a brand loyalist to the original "Polo" shirt brand Lacoste.

I guess I'll just leave it alone.

9. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I'm not familiar with the brand or that jacket to know how it's supposed to look. I would normally say it's too tight but it looks like it's meant to be extremely form fitting. And the sleeves are still coming down way past your wrists.

10. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

Ha, yes, totally, that's the look for M.A+. Thanks @Kensington for the feedback!

11. BrooksLauren77

If by crewneck you mean a crewneck sweater or sweatshirt, that will look more mature than a hoodie. I see grown men wearing hoodies all the time though, so take that into account.

12. boned

boned Senior member

Crewneck sweat, which is what sweats I usually wear. I guess it's been so long since I've owned a hoodie that I'm having trouble thinking of coherent fits without looking like a slob or a 14 year old.

13. BrooksLauren77

Not having your pants hanging halfway down your ass will help.

How about an OCBD tucked into your pants under the hoodie and some dark jeans/chinos with some clarks desert boots or minimalist sneakers?

14. boned

boned Senior member

I'm not that new to this lol. I'm thinking too much into it, like hopping back on a bike when you've been driving for the past decade. It's been long enough where the hoodie in itself is foreign to me. I guess I was just looking for confirmation that it won't look out of place, or its too casual; that I'm too old for one, etc.

15. metsfan999

metsfan999 Member

[​IMG]

Can anyone ID the jacket either Ronnie Fieg or Victor Cruz is wearing in this picture? Thanks in advance.

16. jamesiest

jamesiest New Member

Does anyone know where I can find any khakis with a plaid lining in the pockets? It's a particularly preppy look and I can't find them anywhere. I'm looking for something like this:

[​IMG]

They've got a slim fit, a classic color, and the preppy plaid lining (seen inside the back pockets and on the belt). I've checked Ralph Lauren, Vineyard Vines, JCrew, LL Bean, GAP, Banana Republic, nearly everywhere. Is there a particular name for this style and where can I find it?

17. AndyC

AndyC Senior member

[
    quote name="jamesiest" url="/t/164402/ask-a-question-get-an-answer-ask-all-quick-questions-here/16710#post_7595141"]Does anyone know where I can find any khakis with a plaid lining in the pockets? It's a particularly preppy look and I can't find them anywhere. I'm looking for something like this: [​IMG] They've got a slim fit, a classic color, and the preppy plaid lining (seen inside the back pockets and on the belt). I've checked Ralph Lauren, Vineyard Vines, JCrew, LL Bean, GAP, Banana Republic, nearly everywhere. Is there a particular name for this style and where can I find it? [/quote]
    Bonobos

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  18. masshi

masshi Senior member

that ass tho! :eek:

1 person likes this.
  19. firemovesaway

firemovesaway Member

I'm looking to buy some new shoes or boots, and this is what I'm looking for:
    - good for winter/snow without looking too sporty; I'm not going to climb mountains but I do have to get to work.
    - in the vein of Clark's, Church's, Grenson etc. (for all three of these I've read that the quality of new models has gone downhill, so I'm looking for either a good model or some other similar brand)
    - high quality materials, made to last
    - comfortable; I might have a larger toe or something on my left foot, because that's where I usually get blisters
    - price is not an issue but I should get good value for money (and by "value" I mean quality rather than them being fashionable)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  20. FsXClan1

FsXClan1 Well-Known Member

What can you tell me about the quality of Dsquared knitwear?