1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. rs5088

rs5088 Well-Known Member

Does Aime Leon Dore restock or is it gone once its gone?

2. CityMap

CityMap Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Which size?
    Left Large, Right Medium

3. Irish

Irish Senior member

Proper Cloth recently put out a brown jacket that is pretty much exactly what I've been looking for. Unfortunately, it sold out quickly and won't be re-stocked.

Does anyone have recommendations for something similar? Looking for a fall/winter weight wool with some texture (this one was a twill flannel), soft shoulder, patch pocket, and non-trendy lapel. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

150 EUR is a ton to spend on a t-shirt when you don't seem "really know much about fashion" and you'd "like to find [your] style". Spend it on some cheap, fast fashion stuff to find out what you like. Then like TheObserver said, you can get a Rick shirt if that's your thing. Buy your APC jeans and then get some basics and button downs at Uniqlo. Then look around Yoox, Marketplace here, GR+ILED and what not and see what you like for outerwear. Then study some more on footwear and do the same thing and see what you like for footwear. You seem to have a ton of money, so you shouldn't have any quality issues if you find the right high quality brands. Wardrobe Staples is starting up soon and they might be able to provide you with your basics later on.
    For this winter I'm wearing black Timberlands and RW 9010 Beckman. Timbs are full waterproof and won't make you slip and embarrass yourself. Went with the Beckman's, because they had somewhat of a more aggressive threading without bulking up the boot too much. Still don't know how I feel about workwear/heritage-y boots yet. But here's my list that I had for boots but a lot of them didn't work for me simply because of weather and what I needed boots for: Alden, Red Wing, White's, Doc Martens Jeffrey, N.D.C, F+B, Buttero.
    Which one fits better? Will you be layering a lot? I want to say the left one fits better because you look more comfortable. The one on the right just looks like it's squeezing you. Get the left and then shorten the sleeves from what I can tell.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. Louys

Louys Senior member

Looks a little short to me, what's your budget?

6. thefastlife

thefastlife Senior member

i have a loose budget of $300. what is the most versatile, well-made pair of dress boots i can purchase in a walnut brown color?

prefer: ability to handle weather (dainite sole or similar) but i don't mind having a cobbler add this.

also want to be able to rock them with denim if need be.

7. Irish

Irish Senior member

That one was $650, which is probably the most I'd go. Not sure why the model is wearing his cropped. That came in long sizes though, which is another requirement for me (rules out LBM).

8. masshi

masshi Senior member

Anybody?

I've found one other place in Lane Crawford, but they're gonna charge me duties and whatever else, too.

9. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

The Toughest Great Question Ever:

Should I go with the MA+ in bison or cow?

Bison:
    [​IMG]

Or cow?

[​IMG]

I already have the cow in a non-biker (it has this big wool collar thing, so it stays hidden from moths in a hanging plastic bag), but it's so amazing, having a biker might mean more options. Seriously, does anything get more beautiful than this??

But the bison is different, a bit more macho (which I can always use a bit more of, cough cough), and has cotton lining, which means less vulnerable to moths, which likely means more wear time.

Thoughts? Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  10. firemovesaway

firemovesaway Member

S.E.H Kelly aren't making shoes, are they?
    What kind of shoes (type and brand) do you think would go well together with most things they make?

Edit: To the guy who asked the bison/cow question - The bison one just looks prettier to me, but I don't know much about fashion.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  11. fwoedit

fwoedit Active Member

12. Louys

Louys Senior member

Try Suitsupply. They have long sizes within your price range and might stock a fabric similar to the one you like here.

13. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Senior member

Anything british and rustic, like black trickers. Any shoes ManofKent wear would work. Or french Paraboot.

14. griwpop

griwpop Member

I need your help. I'm about to make an online purchase (red wing iron ranger) and trying to figure out whether to size down half a size or a full size. I wear size us 11 and I know my width is "d". If there are any owners out there of the iron rangers in size us 10.5, is there any way to know the length measurement inside the boot? Or maybe measure the length of your foot and tell me how the boot fits lengthwise.I know this is a lot to ask but I can't think of any other way to make my decision. I'm in a situation where I can't try on the boots before I purchase them. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.Thank youBtw my width is 4 1/8"

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  15. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I recently bought this polo shirt because I liked the red white and blue trim on the collar and sleeves. I was disappointed to discover the r/w/b trim on the neck too which isn't depicted on the website. It makes it come off as a wannabe Thom Browne shirt to me and just looks too flashy. What would be the best way to turn that part black permanently? I was thinking of dying it with black ink but I'm a little afraid of the ink bleeding onto other parts of the shirt upon washing. Or should I just leave it alone? It just seems like too much to me with that trim in the middle. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  16. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Should double monks be fitted a bit tigher than normal leather shoes since DBs have no lacing. I heard DBs are less forgiving in terms of fit.

17. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Yes, they're like loafers where the fit is only slightly adjustable.

18. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

do you typically size down by 1/2 in length or a letter in width to compensate for DBs?

19. joachim92

joachim92 Well-Known Member

Can you go from an embedded photo from someone's profile to the actual post in which it was posted?

20. boned

boned Senior member

Anyone own a Merz B Schwanen sweat? Looking for fit advice, I have a bunch of the shirts and absolutely love the fit. Wear a 5 in the Army shirt as well as the henley's.