1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

2. Strombollii

Strombollii Well-Known Member

Will I ever get a real answer? Not to be rude, but that's the 4th fake response I've gotten. Cosplay is dressing in costume from an existing media; that is actually a street style which apparently no one seems to have ever seen before. I mean super starched collars, layering, epaulets, classic patterns like that plaid, bright colours, zippers, vests, different coloured sleeves/collars, loose ties...no one knows what that's called?
    No one really has an answer for you. It's like a bad offshoot of punk/new wave/Victorian.

I don't really know anything about the whole cold soak/hot soak stuff with jeans, so was wondering if someone could elaborate on whether I could shrink a new pair of 7's I bought a month and a half ago. They fit perfectly when I boughtt hem, but I've lossed a bit of weight so the waist is a little lose. They can stay up without a belt, but it's not perfect. Can they be shrunk a little bit at all?
    probably not, but it can't hurt to try. They're not raw (I'm assuming), so you're not going to get the inch or more of shrinkage, but if you wash them/dry them, they might shrink. of course it may also change the fit.

I just ordered a pair of these shoes (Tretorn Skymras) and now I'm having second thoughts. Any opinions?
    I can kind of guess at the answer so maybe I'm just looking for someone to convince me not to buy these.

I'm really not a fan. I really, really like the T-56 in white, though.

3. cardguy

cardguy Well-Known Member

4. exdos

exdos New Member

Hi,

I was wondering if it was still stylish to wear two polo shirts?
    I was thinking of wearing a baby blue Ralph Lauren polo over a white one. I'm not going to pop the colars because I think that looks ridiculuous.

5. sle-z-e

sle-z-e Well-Known Member

6. sle-z-e

sle-z-e Well-Known Member

My turn.

Might be a little obscure but anyone know of some good shopping in Athens Greece?

7. adamha21

adamha21 Well-Known Member

Where is Fjallraven manufactured? Specifically the outerwear.

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

Hi,

I was wondering if it was still stylish to wear two polo shirts?
    I was thinking of wearing a baby blue Ralph Lauren polo over a white one. I'm not going to pop the colars because I think that looks ridiculuous.

This was never stylish

9. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

I will hopefully be buying a Barbour Bedale this week. Two questions:

a) where should this fall, in terms of length?

b) are they quite easy to tailor (both taking one in and shortening the overall length)?

10. laughter95

laughter95 Well-Known Member

xpost from wallet do you use thread

What do you all think is a reasonable price range for a wallet?

My last wallet was the Tumi french calfskin bifold... but my friend lost it so I'm looking for the perfect SF replacement. That last wallet was $100.

Now I kind of want the Bottega Veneta intrecciato bifold (without coin compartment). But $500 in the pocket, or $500 in wallet-form?

Or a sharp Paul Smith wallet? Wexler and Co might be releasing a wallet soon as well. Too many choices.

11. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a belt that has large holes/rings throughout it, each ring is silver/aluminum. Like this (sorry for the horrible illustration) [​IMG] Kinda like [​IMG]

12. otc

otc Well-Known Member

the keyword you are looking for is "eyelets"

13. willpower

willpower Well-Known Member

the keyword you are looking for is "eyelets"

Bless you. Lots of Google results now.

14. jaac

jaac Well-Known Member

Anyone have any UNIS Gio chino's? how's the fit? measurements if your a 30?

15. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Will I ever get a real answer? Not to be rude, but that's the 4th fake response I've gotten. Cosplay is dressing in costume from an existing media; that is actually a street style which apparently no one seems to have ever seen before. I mean super starched collars, layering, epaulets, classic patterns like that plaid, bright colours, zippers, vests, different coloured sleeves/collars, loose ties...no one knows what that's called?

gyaru-o/onii-kei

16. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Well-Known Member

I will hopefully be buying a Barbour Bedale this week. Two questions:

a) where should this fall, in terms of length?

b) are they quite easy to tailor (both taking one in and shortening the overall length)?

Bottom of the Page'd.

Anyone on this?

17. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

Does anyone (paging ppllzz) know where I can find some white RLBL spread-collar, barrel-cuff shirts for cheap?

18. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Well-Known Member

REALLY ugly

+1!

19. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, I'm trying to decide whether to buy this shirt or not. It's on sale at a great price, but only an XL is left. I'm more of like a medium. Going buy the measurements...I will have to take in the chest 3 inches, not a problem. I'm concerned about having to take in the shoulders...(doesn't list measurements of this)

Will a basic tailor (inside the mall) be able to do this, while keeping the nice dark, contrast stitching?

What about the circumference of the arms? Will that be hella baggy and need tailoring too?

Will the neck area be way too big for me, and will the pockets sit all weird(too low)? ahh please help!

Here's the shirt (I'm guessing he's wearing a medium)
    [​IMG]

20. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Well-Known Member

I need cheap + slim fitting oxfords... Uniqlo?