1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

I've seen topcoats on J.Crew's website which IIRC are 100% wool.

2. bradp

bradp Senior member

are those warm? i dont wana freeze my ass off walking a mile to and from work

3. BrooksLauren77

I don't know; but really, when it's freezing out, only assholes are going to care what you wear walking into work, I'd get the parka anyway. Warmth over fashion, no?

EDIT: Sterlingwear has a double-breasted top coat for $400; 80/20 wool/nylon. I've heard good things about Sterlingwear's peacoats, perhaps the top coat will work for you?

http://www.sterlingwear.com/cart/index.php?p=product&id=177&parent=1

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  4. higgins17

higgins17 New Member

Any ideas for a polyester/cotton combo jacket that has a decent DWR coating and a normal to slim fit? Nau? Patagonia? Prana? Any other brands out there in this genre?? I think what I am looking for falls into the rain jacket/shell genre, rather than the full out insulated jacket. Looking for something like the Nau Acoustic.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

5. Belissarius

Belissarius Member

I am planning to wear 1) Black dress shoes 2) Khaki pants 3) Black dress belt 3)Black dress shirt HOWEVER its going to be cold outside and I need to have a jacket with me...however the only jacket I have is this khaki one (i am not sure if that is exactly what its colour is but here is a picture) Would they fit?

[​IMG]

And here is a picture of the pants just in case

[​IMG]

6. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

-No(to the questions above.) -Where are you going?

7. BrooksLauren77

Switch your shirt for a light blue one, it'll look better with the whole outfit that way if that's all you have.

8. Belissarius

Belissarius Member

Night out and the I will be going to a club but I will be outside most of the time.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  9. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

anyone know what this jacket is?
    [​IMG]

10. Belissarius

Belissarius Member

black

11. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Navy or Dark brown for casual wear in the spring/summer? I know the brown will be more versatile, but I cannot help thinking "another brown shoe..."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. BrooksLauren77

Either is fine depending on what you're going to wear with them.

13. BrooksLauren77

Wear dark jeans instead of khakis, it'll look better.

14. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

I want to use them as my everyday shoe for spring/summer. As in, "I am too lazy to look through my shoes and find something that matches my outfit, so I will just wear these" shoes. I had a pair of brown boat shoes that served this purpose, but they recently died. Looking for an upgrade. Wondering if the navy will be an exciting change, or a disappointment when I find they don't go with anything.

15. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

+1,000,000

16. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I would not wear either as an everyday shoe.
    I prefer the brown color..but not necessarily the shoe.
    I would keep looking for an upgrade.

17. BrooksLauren77

Are you set on those shoes? Nothing inherently wrong with them, but something like a penny loafer in brown suede or something similar will work too.

Will you be wearing shorts or light pants primarily?

18. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Not necessarily set, I do like them though. I originally thought penny loafer, but feel they are a little too old. I am 24. My work is fairly casual, tshirts and shorts, hoodies even are common. Youngish startup feel. I want to upgrade my own style a bit though, so am dropping the boat shoes, but the new shoe needs to still be in the same vein, ie a quick, running out the door late, goes with anything, and is nice enough but not too nice kind of shoe. Maybe penny loafers are fine?

I just feel like penny loafers give off a dad walking around the mall kind of vibe.

19. BrooksLauren77

I don't see too many fathers walking around wearing penny loafers, most wear ill fitting jeans with shitty yellowed over running shoes or something similar, they look like a college kid. In your work situation however, anything more than a polo shirt and decent dark jeans with "proper" leather shoes is overdressed.

I think something like a pair of clarks desert boots might work if you will be wearing pants. The shoes you originally showed might give some people the vibe of an old retired man in Florida though. No idea of your new shoe budget, but Bass Weejuns are generally around $100 and Allen Edmonds Kenwoods are $250 IIIRC if you're looking at penny loafers.

20. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

Haha, dark brown sperrys are actually the exact shoes I had that just died. I am actually just trying to upgrade my own personal style, which is why I was trying to go with something a little more refined than a boat shoe. Maybe I will take another look at penny loafers.