1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Badandy

Badandy Senior member

Accidentally washed my APC New Standard's. They softened up considerably and haven't developed any fading. Will they fade or is there really nothing I can do?

2. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Good day: I'm looking for corduroy pants or jeans - straight fit - medium to high rise. They only ones I see around are slim fits or more dress types. Can anyone point me to a brand or store?

thank you.

3. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

kinda a long shot, but does anyone happen to have measurements/sizing advice for some old-season EG bedfords from F/W '10? in the market for either the black cotton whipcord or black unlined wool version from that season, but i'm not sure if i should be after an S or M. 6'1", usually wear a slim 38 FWIW.

4. MrNamey

MrNamey New Member

15 year old kid, in debate. Looking to get a new suit that'll last me throughout the rest of high school. Debate tournaments are up to twice a month and can extend to 18 hours of use per tourney, which includes a lot of running around to get to debate rooms. Where should I get a suit? Price range is around 300-500 dollars. Since it'll probably be one of the only suits I will own, I'm presuming I should get it in worsted wool and in a color along the lines of charcoal or dark navy.

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

You will grow throughout high school. Just go Uniqlo and call it a day.

3 people like this.
  6. Roscius

Roscius Senior member

Give me some ideas for some shorts? Australian summer approaches and i need some warm weather clothing but since we're out of whack compared to everyone else, nothing much seems to be available

7. Badandy

Badandy Senior member

Trying to find a place to try on/buy a Crockett & Jones Coniston boot in Los Angeles but having a hell of a time. Any ideas? I thought I might be able to order a couple pair on pediwear.co.uk and return the one that doesn't fit but they seem to have no stock.

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Barney's maybe. They carry some C&J.

9. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

I also have the Sandro MA1 and can confirm it does fit quite small, if you want it to fit normal then you should size up one I think, fully zipped is a little tight for those with broad shoulders

10. wojt

wojt Senior member

whole grey sneakers around 50-200$ (sick of cleaning my whole army of white canvas sneakers)
    what would you guys suggest?

11. BP11

BP11 New Member

Hi all,

New to the forum. So thanks ahead of time. Looking for a winter coat $300-400. Maybe more if it's great. I'm slim and about 5'8. I tried on a top coat at Jay Crew and I fit best in a 36S. Any brand suggestions?

12. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Senior member

I am looking into buying a pair or two of nicer shoes for work. I am wondering if a brand like Jack Erwin is worth it longterm? Allen Edmonds is honestly a little more, or the most that I would be able to spend at the moment. Is it worth almost twice the price for their shoes? Any other recommendation in the $200-$385 range? The only pair of dress shoes I currently have are from JCrew.

13. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Senior member

Sterlingwear peacoats are good quality and generally under $400 last I checked. Schott make good quality winter coats as well.

1 person likes this.
  14. BrooksLauren77

In the under $400 dollar range you can get Meermin Mallorca, Cheaney's city range, Loake 1880 and Shoemaker ranges (stick to calf and suede leathers), Loake for Herring and Sanders Ambassador range.

15. bradp

bradp Senior member

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  16. BrooksLauren77

17. ifvibhu

ifvibhu Member

My school is throwing a Gatsby themed party, and I have no idea what to wear. I was able to get a black suit from a friend of the family, but I don't know what shit would go with it (white or something with color) and if I should get a tie or bow tie, and what kind of tie/bow tie. Any help would be appreciated.

18. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Google:
    the great gatsby suits or the great gatsby clothing for ideas.

19. pblake

pblake Member

Question about a second interview for a staff position at a small accounting firm:
    At the first interview I wore my only blue suit with a white shirt. If I can't get another suit before the 2nd interview, is it acceptable to wear the same suit, white shirt and different tie? Or change up the shirt as well as the tie? If the latter, any good conservative shirt colors beside white to wear with a blue suit?

20. bradp

bradp Senior member

probably not something to go out and buy a new suit over. you should definitely change the tie, and can switch it up to a blue blue shirt if you so desire.