1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. riverflow

riverflow Well-Known Member

New shoes take time to break in. Leather in particular. It should get better after a few days in them.

2. mr.invincible

mr.invincible Senior member

so the leather should soften up or what?

dress shoes should have some sort of warning label lol

3. breh

breh Member

I got a pretty deep discount on this Pendleton sweater. Despite looking at the measurements and ordering a small, the thing fits like a damn tent, to the extent I will probably send it back.

Do you guys have reccomendations for a shawl-neck cardigan with a slimmer fit, preferrably with some RRL/Americana/Western content? I assume Pendleton and Woolrich are out of the picture. SNS Herning doesn't have anything which quite fits the bill, and Inverallan may be a bit too epicurean for me at this point.

[​IMG]

4. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

I have a some beater shawls from gap.

5. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Looking for a crewneck sweater like this and or similar styles. Would using them as a layer be too much?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  6. menswhere

menswhere Member

There's a sale on bass weejuns right now. Would be wearing them business casual at work (i.e. chinos and blazer) but would consider dressing them down too. Are they worth the money ($80ish), or am I better off spending a little extra on AEs or even LL Bean? Also, if weejuns are the right call, can anyone speak on the color or style (I was leaning towards the wiltons)? The cordovan looks a like pleather-y to me in the photos, but I assume in person it'd look nicer considering they've been made forever.

Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  7. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

I like that sort of thing best as a layer - you get the design as a part of the overall effect without beating people over the head with LOOK AT MY FAIR ISLE JUMPER EVERYONE

Some nice effects, original photos bensolujofin & reedobandito:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. guitar2013

guitar2013 Well-Known Member

You can book a trip to Korea, watch Sungha's show and buy the sweater from where he bought [​IMG]

9. Landscape

Landscape Senior member

Any suggestions for military-esque black boots? Currently considering docs and Bexley enfield, but I just feel like they're not exactly what I want. Have to be able to buy them in Europe.

10. Diplomat007

Diplomat007 New Member

Very newb question, can anyone direct me to a brand or brands that have some reasonable priced business casual wear? Really need a few pairs of pants and shirts slim or tailored fit. Hopefully starting a new job soon and looking to step up my wardrobe on a budget if possible. Any help would be great.

11. masshi

masshi Senior member

uniqlo and j.crew

12. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

You could Atelier Heschung. Maybe the Hetre?

http://www.heschung.com/en/147-f-w-14-men

13. kneehowguys

kneehowguys Member

Where would you go if you wanted machine washable, very durable long lasting dark trousers with no distracting logos at an affordable price?

I am a 29 pant length and 34 waist

I also heard that it can be good to get clothes at the young man's department if you are below average height and I was wondering what kind of stores would sell classic menswear to smaller teenage guys?

14. anotherdayhere

anotherdayhere Member

looking for a plain toe suede workboot, as close as i can get to visvim virgils but w/o the $600+ pricetag, preferably around 300. Any ideas? Checked redwing and chippewa but the closest models don't have suede options.

15. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not very good. The Gianfranco Ferre mainline was always one of my favorites, but their two diffusion lines (Ferre Milano and GF Ferre) were some of the worst in the business. GF Ferre was the third and lowest line, targeted at a younger client and often for the Eastern Europe/Asian market.

I'd avoid it unless you got it very cheaply.

16. KonaGold

KonaGold New Member

17. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

When viewing "recent images in this thread" (see right sidebar, near top), is there any way to sort the grid view images so that the most recent appear first? Whenever I click on that option in a thread, it displays pictures from, say, 2011, and I have to scroll down through several years of photos to see what people have been posting recently.

18. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I click on the latest picture then change to gallery view. You start from the bottom of the gallery

19. Sonderist

Sonderist Senior member

Can anyone comment on how Givenchy boots tend to run as far as size?

20. WesF

WesF Member

Hello, I am going to be buying a pair of AE McTavish shoes soon once they go on sale next week. My question is what is a better all arounder. I want to wear with jeans as well khakis/chinos and dress slacks occasionally. Which color is best for this Natural Wax or the Cognac Dublin? I already have a pair of black shoes so I am not really interested in that color at this time. Thanks