1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

I'd guess that part of the price difference is because the one pair is lined.
    But if you want a shoe that can work with suits and chinos, please get a pair of derbies rather than loafers.

2. riverflow

riverflow Well-Known Member

On this, suits and loafers bothers me to no end.

Though I may be a bit biased as I don't really think the purpose of loafers extends beyond boating.

3. bobbactenophore

bobbactenophore New Member

Can anyone identify these shoes?

[​IMG]

4. wallpaper

wallpaper Member

Does anyone know what these shoes are?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  5. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Looking for a sleek leather boot. Preferable dark brown. Price isnt an issue. Any suggestions?

6. guitar2013

guitar2013 Well-Known Member

Crockett & Jones? I heard the brand is trustworthy.

7. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Sounds like a good idea. Im just afraid it will clash with SWD. Considering thats CM no? I must be overthinking.

8. riverflow

I've heard good things about them as well. On here and a friend has several pair.

Lately I've really been wanting a pair of English Sargent boots. They're moving into more exclusive and customized shoes, you could probably have them make anything you want.
    Here's another place to order: https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/alfred-sargent

Here's a site I came across on SF with a number of good options as well.
    http://leffot.com/

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  9. ifvibhu

ifvibhu Member

Is it possible to remove the Jansport logo from their Right Pack?

10. riverflow

Should be. The couple Jansports I've owned just had the tag stitched on. This one doesn't look any different.

11. ifvibhu

ifvibhu Member

Thanks. What did you think of the quality?

12. riverflow

They're solid. My mom still has one from 2000ish that we hiked around with as kids. It's by no means comfortable or cushy anymore (the straps are rather thin and lacking), but they hold up well. All in all a solid backpack.

I currently am using an LLBean bag, which isn't as stylish but I find more comfortable. After 7ish years, the only issue I've had with it is the waterproof coating on the inside has peeled.

13. AndyC

AndyC Senior member

14. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

@AndyC Probably Allen Edmonds.

15. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Looks like the long branch.

16. guitar2013

guitar2013 Well-Known Member

Thanks. I will check out AE. I used their oxford and found the sizing very comfortable to my feet.

Do boots usually resist water well? I'm talking about general chelsea or chukka boots, not weather resistant boots. Also, I find that most boots have rubber soles. I usually prefer leather soles. Do the soles make any difference?

17. ncsuactor84styl

ncsuactor84styl New Member

Hey guys, i'm looking to buy a few really nice pairs of wool dress slacks. What are some good brands that I should be looking at?

I want something that looks good, will last long, is well stitched, and is made from quality materials. Basically I want craftsmanship. I don't mind spending some money on this although if there's a brand that gives this at a good price I'd be happy to take a look at that. Specifically I'm looking for something in black and navy.

I live in New York City and I have access to just about any store.

Thanks.

18. bradp

bradp Senior member

Jesse at PTO has a good list you could start with: http://putthison.com/post/91366002575/where-to-buy-good-pants-part-two-the-market-for

19. ncsuactor84styl

ncsuactor84styl New Member

Thanks! That's a great article for advice. I'm a big fan of smaller homemade quality brands like Rota, Clay Tompkins, and Panta. Would prefer to buy something from them, but it looks like they don't make any any the color I want :/ I may wind up going with Ralph Lauren.

It's a shame Howard Yount is known for poor customer service as it seems like they have what I want. I've learned the hard way that it's worth spending an extra few dollars for my peace of mind if something doesn't fit, need to return, etc. Too bad they don't have a brick and mortar store.

20. Aodh

Aodh New Member

I've made a thread and bothered a few people about this but to no avail; I just need to know, is this list accurate http://www.vass-cipo.hu/Arlista/VassCipoArlistaEng.pdf? Can I buy a pair of 'standard' Vass shoes for e390? I'm asking because I've seen them priced higher.
    Thanks in advance

Last edited: Sep 23, 2014