1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. jm22

jm22 Senior member

Can anyone recommend a nice pair of streetwear lightweight wool trousers in black, charcoal or navy that are in the sub-$300 range? I've looked at Schneider, Leder, Peir Wu etc but I can't really get myself to spend upwards of $350-400 on them, especially if they're not for work (for which I spend no more than $200-250 max for wool trousers). Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  2. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

Best fishtail parka with fur-lined hood?

3. bloky

bloky New Member

I would like to hear some suggestion for pair of shoes/sneakers that go with hilfiger, guess, tom tailor and that kind of brands. Nothing too serious, I'm 18.

Thanks

4. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

For sneakers just wear chucks or vans

5. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

ryanw2050:

Check this natural CXL belt from Epaulet:
    http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/casual-belt-natural-horween-chromexcel

And for folks looking for a super nice Tee...their loopwheeled T Shirts are pretty amazing. I got the white and black.
    http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...s/epla-loopwheeled-crewneck-tee-vintage-black

SPOKES T shirts are also great. Not as form fitting as Epaulets but close. I have all three colors. $10 pounds off your first order with coupon.
    http://spoke-london.com/collections/t-shirts

Their chinos are great too. I have the cobalt and olive...and 2 of their stretch belts which are fantastic.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  6. ItSuit

ItSuit Active Member

Where can I get a sweater like that? What is the color called?[​IMG]

7. noyz

noyz Member

You can probably find something like this at J Crew or Banana Republic. I'd call it Heathered Brown.

8. erdan

erdan New Member

Hello Gents,

I am a new professional just starting out in the Accounting industry. As an associate in audit and assurance, I am expected to meet new clients all the time. I want to look presentable and professional. However, my budget is severely limited by the fact that my first day is later in the month, so my financial resources are quite restricted at this point. I am looking to spend another 500 USD on formal wear for now.

I have already bought on clearance:

4 dress shirts from Z Zegna, they fit quite well and I like the cut
    1 pair of grey dress pants from Z Zegna

They costed me around 600 CAD which is equivalent to 540 USD at the current exchange rate.

What else should I be looking to get in order to look good for this job? I was looking at "Strand" from Allen Edmonds but they cost so much here in Canada. I'm going to be saving up for that one!

Thanks for reading this.

Jerry

9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

United bamboo.

10. drakevu

drakevu Well-Known Member

It has my attention long time ago. Very nice shape. No one on SF uses, or even mentions it though.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  11. DrMaxGluteus

DrMaxGluteus New Member

Anyone have a recommendation for tapered chinos for guys with squatting legs? Looking for the sub $130 range.

My first styleforum post [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

Why not just buy chino's that fit your quads and have them tapered for the 20 bucks or so it costs?

13. DrMaxGluteus

DrMaxGluteus New Member

I suppose I could, but if I could find a well constructed pair that fits well OTR, that would be ideal.

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I think a few people own their stuff. Or maybe that was on SuFu. There's always Lad Musician too.

15. Bryer Leather

Bryer Leather Active Member

Yeah! Try using a leather tint and applying it to the discolored pieces of the mesh and a q-tip. It can get messy quick, so make sure you have a surface that can be easily cleaned. Good Luck!

16. Bryer Leather

Bryer Leather Active Member

I love bamboo, its a wonderful material that offers flexibility and durability along with breathe-ability and is light weight.

17. chenm0416

chenm0416 Senior member

Thanks. That's pretty much the one I was looking at and was wondering if there were any alternatives.

18. canno

canno Active Member

Is the exchange rate on yoox always a bit crazy? Some items are good to order in $s and others in €s. I want to order in euro but it's not so favourable on the items I'm looking at [​IMG]

19. guitar2013

guitar2013 Well-Known Member

I'm looking for men's boots. I'm looking for a pair that can be worn semi-formal: for dinner at night or for offices (shirt, ties, pants). Anyone has any brand to recommend?

Also, if there is any thread that specifically talks about men's boots, please let me know.

Thanks.

20. metranger8694

metranger8694 Senior member

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014