1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

2. thepaladin

thepaladin New Member

Ok now so I have this one odd question and one odd situation I am finding myself in.
    I ordered a pair of MTO boots at this one place. Upcharge is $125 on top of the RTW retail at $425 (~30%). The order includes a medallion at the toe box, but they messed up somehow and forgot to add it. Per my research, it is impossible to go back and re-add the thing after the boots have been completed.
    It is rather a lovely pair of suede boots, perfect for the coming fall, and the owner is nice enough. Plus I dont want to be a pain really. He offered me a 10% discount to take the boots as it was, but it was still not what I asked for. Now, I fully understand that I have the right to ask for what I come for, however I also acknowledge the time and effort the people there have put into the shoes, and I also dont want to wait another 4 weeks time. So I really wonder what could be the best option here considering the well-being of both sides.
    Would it be reasonable that I ask to pay for this at RTW price? What do you guys think? Do things like this happen quite often?
    Thanks much for your time. I really appreciate your answer and your insight.

3. s0974748

s0974748 New Member

I don't have a fashion sense at all [​IMG] and I've been coming here from time to time to get some advice. First time I post something though...

So I have a date, nothing fancy, we're going for coffee then to an aquarium, so it's casual attire. Which is good, because it's the way I usually look (hoodie, t-shirt, jeans/chinos, sneakers).

I was thinking of going with a my favorite light blue V-neck shirt, which... I don't know, it just looks good on me. It fits my torso perfectly. Usually I wear cognac coloured sneakers (they are sneakers but leather) and a cognac coloured belt (same colour).

What I'm always having trouble with, when wearing this shirt is the pants. I have no idea what kind of pants to wear! Can you help me?
    - Like, if I wear Jeans, they should be kinda dark right? Darker than the shirt I mean, but then they don't really fit the sneakers right?
    - Chinos also do look casual but I only have tan chinos and these don't really fit the shoe/belt combination, do they?
    - Are slacks too fancy? If not, what kind of colour would look good?

Also what do you think about a long-sleeved semi dark blue woodcutter shirt if it gets cold? I do have something similar in red and light green. Can't really show up there with a hoodie [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

They have a list of their stockists, you could contact them and ask if they'll be getting the item you are looking for and links to various socialmedia sites they are on.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  5. volchok

volchok Senior member

[​IMG]

Brand of the leather jacket ?

1 person likes this.
  6. darkdream

darkdream Senior member

For guidi 995, if I wear size 43 common projects what size should I get? 45?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  7. accordion

accordion Senior member

When is it okay to wear a light colored outer piece, like a cardigan, blazer, etc, with a dark or darker item underneath? Like what color combinations are generally okay? Also, does dark brown/mocha/chocolate, etc, boots go with black pants? Is dark brown the most versatile color for boots overall? Assuming streetwear, and something like jeans or slim casual trousers for the pants. Thanks.

8. PootyTang

PootyTang Active Member

Hi folks! I was hoping someone could help me out with a recommendation on a jeans cut similar to my old Nudie Regular Ralfs. Nudie doesn't make them anymore and my old pair have finally just about wore into tatters.

I know this kind of cut isnt exactly popular around here, but I know that there is as much denim knowledge here as you can find one the web. Im looking for something that is a midrise unwashed selvedge slimish cut with a slight bootcut. If anybody knows something like this that is or the Regular Ralfs, I'd be grateful for the help.

Thanks!

9. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Looking for a slim burgundy leather jacket. Asos has one but their sold out in my size. Size M

Something like this.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  10. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Could be 3.1 Philip Lim, I belive I have seen some jackets of his with similar sleeves

11. ambyance

ambyance Senior member

to the people that have gotten customs fee invoice from fedex: how did you go about not paying the customs fees when you return the merchandise to the seller? did you simply call fedex and tell them you returned the item? do i need proof of returns?

12. cold war painter

cold war painter Senior member

If by walnut you mean a lighter brown, then yes I think that will clash.

Trickers Stow, looks like.

13. CityMap

CityMap Senior member

I'm looking for a jacket like this.
    anyone know of any?
    [​IMG]

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Google black varsity and about 100 will come up.

15. 1989thenumber

1989thenumber Senior member

16. TomR77

TomR77 Member

Hello,
    I'm looking for something similar to the Gustin chore coat:
    https://www.weargustin.com/campaigns/630
    but prefer not to wait three months for a color I like to come around again, etc. Any suggestions for something similar?
    Thanks in advance.
    Tom

17. single origin

single origin Senior member

Thoughts on this kimono shirt? Look interesting, might work out as a layering option
    [​IMG]

18. Trayle

Trayle Member

Saw that myself yesterday...at that price, I think its definitely worth it if, like me, you still haven't robbed a bank/ been able to cop one of those visvims....

19. hennree

hennree Senior member

I seem to be reaching for my skinny black uniqlos a lot recently so I'm looking for something more interesting.

Could someone recommend some black pants/jeans please? I like the look of some of the Zam stuff but finding it at the moment seems to be tough.

20. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

epaulet doyle jacket