1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Thomas Neville

Thomas Neville Member

2. brassmonkey

brassmonkey Member

Bump, any prefered brands for a pant like this? Or a name for this style? Thanks.

3. TimothyShaw

TimothyShaw Member

Best online quality custom shirt? Preferably one that offers soft collar cutaways.

4. Speedy321

Speedy321 Member

Have a professional headshot coming up and was thinking about wearing this Kiton that I recently picked up along with a navy jacket/ white shirt. I might add that under normal lighting, the tie is a darker orange than what appears in the photo. Love the way it knots, but I'm not sure if it's too busy.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  5. Shogun24

Shogun24 Member

Hi all, my first ever post. I made an account because I really want this item desperately.

[​IMG]

Could someone PLEASE help me get my hands on this Engineered Garments Short Poncho?

It's sold out at Oipolloi, and at nepenthes, the apparently only two retailers of this item in the US. I'll do anything. If you find it on a Japanese website, even if they don't ship to the US I can get it sent from there. Please help me out folks with some ideas.

Thank you

6. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

For a professional headshot? Probably so.

7. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I think those are the first cut jeans. If so they have measurements here:

http://www.endclothing.com/brands/our-legacy/our-legacy-first-cut-jean-183017.html

They just look like wool pants.

8. UpDownAeroplane

UpDownAeroplane Active Member

how do margiela t-shirts fit? are they a slim or more of a relaxed fit? i don't know whether to get a 46 or a 48 since i wear a small in some brands and a medium in others. i wear a medium in saturdays surf nyc and alexander mcqueen, for example. i wear a small in rag & bone.

9. fischyyy

fischyyy Well-Known Member

Quote: It depends on the shirt, my plain unprinted shirts fit about half a size up to a size larger and my printed shirt is TTS.

10. accordion

accordion Senior member

Very general question but what's the difference look wise between cuffed, cropped, and stacked trousers?

11. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

Basically,
    Cuffed= fold of fabric at the hem
    Cropped= short inseam
    Stacked= long inseam

12. accordion

accordion Senior member

I understand but was wondering what each one goes with, what kind of look, etc.

13. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Senior member

As luck would have it, Keith wore the exact same shirt last year when I photographed them at Riot Fest here in Toronto so I zoomed in on a high res file for you. Its a vintage Sears Roebuck western shirt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

Ah, gotcha. In that case, it depends on the pants and general aesthetic.
    Very generally, and there's a million counter examples that could be made,
    Cuffs are more "traditional" and add weight visually and physically, so wear with chunky footwear, heavy fabrics, traditional/heritage uppers.
    Stacks emphasize proportions or texture depending on if you're wearing wide (the former) or slim (the latter) pants. I'll assume you're not wearing street sweepers, so wear with uppers you could apply texture adjectives to; soft, fuzzy, fluffy, etc.
    Cropped is more casual, "light", and streamlined. Good for dressing down a topblock, or if you're after a more contemporary minimal look a la cropped trousers and plain shirt.

But the best thing to do is see how whatever brands/aesthetics you're into style their bottoms via lookbooks, editorials, WAYWTs, etc.

15. mattsgalley

mattsgalley New Member

I'm new to SF. Do you guys have an outfit feedback thread? or do you just post in WAYWT for feed back?

16. accordion

accordion Senior member

Thanks, very helpful. I asked because the Margaret Howell ss15 lookbook had all cropped trousers and previous seasons had all cuffed or stacked trousers.

17. sholom

sholom Senior member

Anyone see these anywhere?[​IMG]

18. Thomas Neville

Thomas Neville Member

what are your favorite light-wash jeans with reasonably sized thighs?

19. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Interested in this also. Reasonable - at least 12" in 33-34's.

20. tonecrush

tonecrush Senior member

http://www.styleforum.net/t/164746/recent-purchases-part-ii/44910#post_7257673

Looking for pants and socks recs? As I have not had a shoe like these before, my wardrobe is not quite matching yet.

Interested in cropped trousers or stuff like Devoa, LeU, Lost & Found etc in size 34/50 ,small budget though :(
    And I need insoles.

Also I have a pair of LeU pants I want to sell or swap size 52, will try to get around to making a listing on SF soon.