1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. kkapdolee

kkapdolee Active Member

I haven't been into clothes until this year. I started going shopping at lot at the mall and a lot of the times, I go to a bunch of stores but don't buy anything. The workers at each shop sort of follow me around helping me out and waiting outside the fitting room while I try things on so I feel really bad when I don't end up buying anything from them...

My question is, do these people get paid commission based on what they sell? I don't want to have people wasting their time on me.

The stores I'm concerned about in particular are Club Monaco and Nordstrom.

2. TheBlackDonDraper

TheBlackDonDraper Senior member

3. R300

R300 Senior member

Do Oki-Ni use Royal Mail?

Thx

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

How do mmm sneakers fit?
    How do Kris van asche sneakers fit?

5. CrimmyS

CrimmyS Well-Known Member

So in preparation of a suit/sport coat that should be finished sometime this week and arrive next week, I want to ask some questions regarding caring for it.

Any reason to avoid a synthetic clothes brush? I will consider a Kent brush when I see one being sold as a second because I'll have to factor in international shipping.
    Locally I can either get a brush with a name at 2-3x the normal price, or a no named one at about 2-5 USD. The problem is I'm worried about the quality in China and since I have no experience with bristle I wonder if I might end up unintentionally buying synthetic anyway.

When it comes to hanging a 3 piece suit, does the vest go with the jacket on the hanger or on it's own separate hanger? My closet space is limited. How does felt keep the trousers from wrinkling anyway? I can't get nice hangers here but I could try buying some felt material and sewing it around the bar if it's worth the trouble.

Do bags with straps cause damage to the padding in a jacket? Is it better to get a new bag with a handle or am I over thinking this?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  6. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

what's the take on vanishing elephants?

7. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

n/a

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  8. R300

R300 Senior member

Looking for a patrik ervell sweatshirt in small? Or the gosha rubchinkiy sweat in small also?

thx.

9. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

anyone lives in bangkok and can proxy? please hit me up and name your price!

10. Sonderist

Sonderist Senior member

What are some good brands/retail sites for flannels? Top range of $150-$200 but below that would be fantastic, thanks!

11. seer

seer Senior member

If you are looking for a good weight, American made flannel shirt, I suggest Vermont Flannel. Their shirts are warm and last forever. Bills Khakis and Gitman also offer some lighter weight flannels in season.

http://vermontflannel.com/

12. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Senior member

All Saints denim. Experience? Sizing?

They don't make a 29, go up or down?

13. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

If you want to go cheap Uniqlo's flannels last year were really good for the price.

14. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

If you're looking for something more traditional, LL Bean is the best bang for your buck-- can't beat a lifetime warranty.

15. Sonderist

Sonderist Senior member

Thanks for the suggestions!

If I were after something a little more contemporary (i.e. Band of Outsiders-esque) what would be some good options?

16. tonyboy

tonyboy Member

Hi guys :)

Was wondering if anyone could give me a hand on OCBD advice. I've been out of the loop basically so I missed out on getting a TOJ OCBD v2. I really liked the deep dish buttons and the other little design details paired with the slim fit.

I was wondering if there's anything comparable or the closest I could get on the market atm?

Cheers!

17. ShoutOutsFoMyBo

ShoutOutsFoMyBo Senior member

18. Forgot Mantra

Forgot Mantra New Member

Hi, any suggestions for a pair of boots which look and fit like the old Vanishing Elephant Figler Military Boots. I'm having a ton of trouble finding a pair similar, and tired of wasting money on boots I wear once. I wish vanishing elephant would just reintroduce them.

-[​IMG]

thanks

19. appoooh

appoooh Senior member

20. Jugbandblues

Jugbandblues New Member

Heya buying a new jacket trying to decide, tell me what i should get!
    any input appreciated cheers
    Ann Demeulemeester blazer
    Visvim varsity
    Rick Owens jacket

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]