1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. brinks

brinks New Member

I have a few James Perse ones that are really thin. Can't find them on their website, but you may be able to find them elsewhere.

2. bradp

bradp Senior member

3. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

4. guitar2013

guitar2013 Well-Known Member

I need some advice on jeans/pants alteration. I am a male with petite size. I am 5'4. With my form, I need pants with seam of 29. However, in the US, it is tough for me to find a pants that I like with the exact seam. So most of the time I have to buy one with seam 30 and have it altered at the cleaner/tailor. I find that jeans after alteration looks kinda weird, especially slim fit jeans that is tapered at lower leg. If I don't have it altered, it would look too long, so I choose the alteration path anyway.

Is there any brand in US that offer petite size for man like me? Or do I have to get custom jeans/pants?

Thanks.

5. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

3Sixteen, Iron Heart, Naked & Famous, and some other brands all offer size 28, some as low as 27.

6. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

He's talking about inseam length I'm pretty sure.

I think for inseams that short Levis is probably your only choice for off the rack jeans.

7. R300

R300 Senior member

Anyone know where to get some cropped wool trousers?

8. guitar2013

guitar2013 Well-Known Member

Yeah I am referring to inseam (the length of my legs). So far Levis is the only brand I find that offers 29 inseam.

9. bradp

bradp Senior member

Should/must a club collar short be worn with a collar pin?

Also, if I intend to wear a club collar shirt in a conservative work environment, does the collar pin make it more or less formal (or no effect)?

10. seer

seer Senior member

Any thoughts on a reasonably price tweed sport coat? I'm looking at the Tweed Addict, Mears and Murphy of Ireland. Does anyone have experience with any of these? Thanks in advance.

11. Marthe

Marthe New Member

I am wondering, does anyone know anything about this purse? I found it at a vintage store, but I can't find anything about it online. There are no tags on the inside.[​IMG]

12. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Hmm from my untrained eye, the design seems to indicate that this particular purse originates from a brand called Daniella.

1 person likes this.
  13. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

does anyone happen to have recommendations for some simple leather flip-flops? i'm thinking something like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  14. Olimar

Olimar Member

Im looking for a summer jean and I cant decide between a white, or an off-white/wheat. Ive tried both on and the wheat seams a little bit more practical to me and the white just feels like Im trying too hard to make a statement or be bold or something but at the same time I feel like if Im going to do white, then I should do white. If that makes sense at all.

Just asking for opinions (or suggestions on other jeans as well).

Wheat:
    J. Crew slim straight in rinsed wheat
    [​IMG][​IMG]

White:
    Levis 511 White
    [​IMG]

15. ML594806

ML594806 Active Member

Hi,

I bought a couple of Johnstons of Elgin 100% 3 ply cashmere sweaters in January (online sales), and they are developing a fluff balls issue. I've only washed it once and following the instructions by hand, so this is unexpected.

I was under the impression that true cashmere jumpers didn't fluff?

[​IMG]

Any ideas? Is it not a good choice for cashmere sweaters? Have I done something wrong?

16. seer

seer Senior member

I would actually e-mail Johnstons about this. I have had cashmere scarves ball up like this in the past. In the mean time you may want to invest in a sweater stone.

1 person likes this.
  17. grizzlybear

grizzlybear Senior member

I want to purchase a borsalino hat on ebay, how do i go about knowing what hat fits my head? Paging stitch :slayer:

18. seer

seer Senior member

19. ML594806

ML594806 Active Member

Thanks, will do. Lets ser what they come back with.

20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Question about USPS international shipping, Can i buy indemnity insurance after i print label online? (indemnity insurance is only allowed to purchase in person at USPS)