1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Linh Nguyen

Linh Nguyen New Member

I'm 5'8 or 175 cm tall, weight at 164lbs or 74kg. I'm fit and a bit on the muscular side. I do not know from which brand should i buy my dress shirt and which fit should i get. I'm looking at the price of less than 50 USD.

2. Ziga

Ziga Member

Hey,

I have a question about MERRELL J552911 RANT WHITE/ICE shoes - are these yay or nay for jeans / casual. The other option would be white chuck taylor all star - i guess the "normal" one, not the one thats made for slip on - not sure tho - https://www.converse.com/regular/chuck-taylor-classic-colors/M7652_115.html. I used to wear nike capri premiums but they are not available any more. Capris can be seen here: http://i3.stycdn.net/images/article/nike/so5513102/nike-capri-si-premium.jpg

Additional photos of Merrell Rant:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Merrell-Rant-Sneaker-White-Ice/dp/B00HEAB6VG (better)
    http://www.merrell.com/SE/sv-SE/Product.mvc.aspx/28142M/85922/Mens/Rant?dimensions=0 (if amazon link won't work)

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  3. OliverGauffe

OliverGauffe Senior member

I think this is a great casual shoe that is a bit more original than a pair of Chucks. I think you can definitely wear them with jeans or khaki shorts for summer. Merrell is a quality brand, so I'm sure you won't be disappointed--I would bet they are way more comfortable than Chucks as well.

4. orlais

orlais Well-Known Member

5. darkzero

darkzero New Member

I bought an Orlebar Brown v-neck on sale (http://www.orlebarbrown.com/bobby-v/chicane) in yellow. It's essentially designed for summer/beachwear. I'm asking is this the only appropriate situation for this shirt? I ask because the shirt is a little see-through especially in the nipple area.. and is this even appropriate in that setting?

6. Ziga

Ziga Member

@OliverGauffe - Thank you for the answer. As for the comfort of merrell rants - it is not there (yet) - they are a bit hard and not shaped "just for me feet" like nike capri premiums were but I guess they will soften up. And the white rubber in front somehow attracts dirt (and I am used to wearing white shoes). The material breathes and does feel good. In other news, I noticed some leather chucks but only in black... so i didn't buy those but i guess the white version would be nice.

7. NeedForTweed123

NeedForTweed123 Senior member

Lacoste polos in a 5 are too big for me, so should I size down to a 4 or a 3? These won't be bought at retail so cant try them on beforehand.

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

can anyone recommend me a decent quality derby for everyday wear with jeans... sub 500 would be good and i am thinking alden style or raf...

9. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

I find that brand runs big. I'm normally a size small and I'm and slim fit XS (3?) for Lacoste Live shirts.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  10. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

Anyone know any extremely comfortable steel toe work boots?

11. NeedForTweed123

NeedForTweed123 Senior member

So then would sizing down just one size be enough? I can fit into smalls or mediums depending on the brand.

12. Sonderist

Sonderist Senior member

Size down for Lacoste is a good rule of thumb in my experience

Last edited: May 12, 2014
  13. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

How do Uniqlo OCBD's compare to Express and J.Crew in terms of sizing?

14. FirstClass

FirstClass Member

I'm a college student and in general I don't wear too much sporty clothes. I'll be going on a 1 month trip to Europe and I want to get a good bag that I can use while travelling to keep things organised but I also want to use that bag when I get back.

So briefly; should I buy a backpack or a messenger bag? Is it socially acceptable to wear a backpack over a trench coat? Thanks.

15. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Senior member

From your described circumstance, get the messenger bag.

16. brew

brew Member

I am unfortunately required to wear a tie without a jacket for my job; what combinations of fabric/color/pattern (for everything - tie, trousers, shirt) would help this get-up look least foolish?

EDIT: Meant to post in MC forum

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  17. Louys

Louys Senior member

See how your employer feels about knit ties. If they refuse to let you wear a jacket then I can't imagine them being too fussy about a knit tie. Try black, light brown, burgundy and navy. Wear them with blue, white, or light grey shirts and tan, brown, grey, or navy trousers. I leave it up to you to make coherent combinations

18. sebilozano

sebilozano New Member

Looking for new casual kicks to replace my tretorns (navy/red nylite canvas). I would get those again because they're sweet and can be worn for so many things, but they're discontinued.

I'm in college, so versatility is key. I'm also a fan of navy shoes and wear khaki chinos a lot. Looking to spend no more than $80.

I was looking at adidas Dragon's, but they seem a little too athletic for some situations and I don't really like the sambas they have on the website.

Thanks!

19. CityMap

CityMap Senior member

one of my friend say i dont dress like a graduate student. i need to dress more higher level.
    if you ask me, most other graduate student I know look like a mess. me included.

what is a more "higher level" look for student should be?
    when I look at google for something like smart casual
    it is mostly v-neck tees with a sport coat/jacket

what do you guys suggest?

i'm just wearing a t-shirt, jacket and jeans or henley shirt, jacket, and jeans.

20. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

What would I pair a black linen jacket with for a strong July wedding look? I'm already the black sheep of the family, so outlandish looks will not be dismissed entirely. No shorts though.

Alternatively, who makes better (relative term) cheap suits? Uniqlo or H+M?