1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Louys

Louys Senior member

Hey all,

I've been thinking about getting a pair of red wings. Is there any retailer that's known to sell them at discount on occasion? Thanks in advance.

2. AAJJLLPP

AAJJLLPP Senior member

Sierra trading post always has factory seconds.
    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/s~red-wing/?perPage=24
    But the selection and sizing is quite limited.

3. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

lots of examples of the linen-shirt-over-tee look in WAYWT:
    not sure if it's still going on, but Revolve was giving out a 15% off code for completing their survey that worked on Red Wings.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  4. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

5. Roscius

Roscius Senior member

Do the italians not have a habit of deducting VAT?

Wanted to purchase something from ASPESI but they didnt deduct VAT. Instead they charged a higher price without VAT
    ie: Italy Price: 100 + 10 tax= 110
    Aus: 110 w/o VAT

6. jakeypotato

jakeypotato Senior member

I want to buy or rent the cheapest Tuxedo possible. Are there any relatively nice tuxedo options available out there? I checked out ModernTailor ($300 for MTM) and theblacktux.com ($100 rental, but fully booked until July 1st), but was wondering if anyone knew anything else. I'm mainly looking for what appears to be Styleforum advice: peaked lapels and a suit that fits. Thanks!

7. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

Is there anyone who can read and write in Korean? I'd like to have something translated. Thanks.

8. log283

log283 New Member

I'm having the hardest time finding a pair of black shoes that I like, can anyone give some suggestions? I would like to stay under $200.00, Thanks.

9. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

you need to be more specific

if you're talking about dress shoes for formal occasion, then just buy a captoe.

if you're talking about something casual, then you can probably expand beyond to just black shoes.

1 person likes this.
  10. Louys

Louys Senior member

I'm going to assume you are looking for a pair of black dress shoes. There is only one pair of black shoes you will ever need, the black cap-toe oxford. Try Meermin.

http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2033

That's 160 EUR, after VAT is deducted 128 EUR, add shipping 163 EUR, convert to dollars 225 USD, and if the import duty is levied ~243 USD , though they don't always levy the duty. I know that's more than your 200 dollar limit, but no one on this forum is going to recommend you anything cheaper. The conventional wisdom is that shoes are an investment piece.

Take a look at the Meermin thread and see what you think:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/277707/meermin-mallorca-shoes

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  11. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Actually if he plans to use this pair of black dress shoes sparringly, he doesn't need to drop too much on it. Just pick up a pair of cole haans in black. It's not going to crap out on you unless it's a rotational shoe.

12. pr0ximity

pr0ximity New Member

Looking for a budget pair of denim, sub-$100, ideally around $70/pair. Looking to supplement my APC NS's that I've had for years with a couple pairs of something comfortable that aren't too costly. Raw is okay, but I really wouldn't mind washed as long as there are no obnoxious fades. Needs a button fly and no gaudy stitching, etc. Love the fit of my APC's, so something similar in fit would be ideal.

I checked out Uniqlo, but the zipper fly is a bit of a turn-off. But that's basically the quality I'm looking for (something like the MIJ Uniqlo's would be perfect it sounds). Purchasable online and shippable to the US, preferably.

Thanks for any help.

13. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Cheap tuxes look awful...

Uniqlo is probably as good as it gets in that price range for jeans. Random Levis maybe.

14. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

What are some brands that make long/different hem shirts?
    There's Rick, Damir, Lim, Wang, Machus, Four Horsemen, John Elliott, Fear of God... Any other obvious ones?

15. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

16. intensanity

intensanity Senior member

What happened to the Saddleback thread?

17. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

18. sipth

sipth Member

Can anyone tell me if Sandqvist bags are any good? They are pretty damn expensive but i really want to get it. The thing is im scared that it wont last me. Or would you recommend other bags?

19. Tuma

Tuma Senior member

Sandqvist bags are made of pretty sturdy materials.

20. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

[​IMG]

who makes something exactly like these that is not vans or converse? cp doesn't seem to release these anymore.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014