1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. brodad

brodad Member

For those of you who have taken a pair of raws in to get them hemmed: did you keep the original hem or get a new one made? I just watched a couple of videos detailing both processes, and unless I misunderstood them, the only way to keep a solid Selvedge line in the final product is to construct a new hem. I really want to keep the selvedge id intact so that I can cuff the jeans, but I also think keeping the original hem would be dope. Any advice is appreciated.

2. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Just get a new hem. Keeping the original looks dumb. You'll still have the selvedge, the only difference is the type of stitch used to hem the jeans.
    I personally would prefer to buy shirts that fit off the rack rather than pay another ~$20+ per shirt to have them tailored. Uniqlo has broadcloth shirts that will be slimmer. Blue is safe, or white, or light grey.

3. digga

digga Senior member

Does anyone know where I can get something like the J Crew plaque belt but in #8 or burgundy? I probably can't afford shell, just want something about 1" wide no holes.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

4. kcak

kcak Member

Does anyone ever buy the converse shoes from buyconverseshoe.com??

I'm trying to buy rare converse shoes and I found the website "buyconverseshoe.com" there are lots of converse with kinda cheap price. Do you think this is fake website or authentic? im so confused.

5. Avidius5

Avidius5 Member

Hi all,

Right now I have a classic navy blazer that I wear year-round and a corduroy (brown) jacket I wear in the fall/early winter.
    I'm looking to get a summer blazer that will be versatile for business casual/dress.

I like the sage blazer here: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Fitzg...var_MM00344_Color=GREY&contentpos=1&cgid=0218

[​IMG]

Would you consider this versatile re: pant/shirt combos? I think the following would work well and these are items I already own:

1. Khaki pants, white or blue shirt
    2. Navy pants, white shirt
    3. Stone pants, blue shirt

As for shoes, my best guess is brown, especially a dark brown, would be best. I have a pair of chili AE Lasalle's but I don't think that works, thoughts?

Thanks

6. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

For summer, I like linen Sc's.

1 person likes this.
  7. ajon72

ajon72 New Member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  8. partyof6

partyof6 Senior member

Just picked up a pair of BB chinos in British tan but don't know what to wear with that color. Any suggestions on shirt colors and patterns? Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  9. vogs

vogs Well-Known Member

AW: Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

AHallo,

does anyone know the colour espresso of an John Smedley product? Is it brown respectively a dark brown or does it nothing have to do with a brown colour (more black or grey)?

Thanks!

10. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

Anyone know what these measurements are on Lad Musician's site?

MODEL:H188cm B86 W74 H90 SIZE 46

Height obviously, then I'm assuming bust, waist and then I have no idea. I'm pretty sure I'm too big for Lad stuff but I'm still hoping there's some chance. The clothing measurements for 46 seem like they could fit but if that is indeed his chest (33inches) then there is no hope...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  11. ridethecliche

Lol. Really? You have tan khaki's and can't figure out what to pair with?

Those pants are pretty much the most versatile color...

12. partyof6

partyof6 Senior member

Brooks Brothers' "British tan" and their "Khaki" are two different pants. I own the Khaki too and, yes as you said, it goes with pretty much everything.

I'm asking about the the "British tan" color. It is much different than their khaki. It has a yellowish/mustard tint to it. It might not show up quite as well in the link I pasted.

13. ridethecliche

No I know the color. It pairs with just about everything. I mean, I wouldn't wear it with black shirts, but it's a very versatile pair of pants.

What do you think it wouldn't go with?

14. partyof6

partyof6 Senior member

I tried it with the 3 shirts below, but they looked odd to me. In full disclosure, I am new to fashion and am just building my wardrobe. My previous "style" was printed t-shirts, cheap jeans, and cargo shirts. Simply awful. I'm trying to focus on versatility within a business casual work environment that I'll also carry over to the weekend.

shirt 1

Green version of this

shirt 3

15. ridethecliche

Hard to tell without seeing them together, but I think all but the third would have worked. The third has the same color in the shirt as the pants. Looks funny.

16. partyof6

partyof6 Senior member

Ok. Thanks for your input and help.

17. nevergreen

nevergreen Senior member

how are converse sized?

18. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

^ i take a 9US in converse and 10.5US in Vans.

19. Biberach

Biberach Active Member

sorry, wrong board..

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  20. erikweisz

erikweisz New Member

I'm looking for knee-high silk socks, what do you recommend?