1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

No problem. I'm sure H&M probably has something closest to Uniqlo. However as a purely functional item of clothing for warmth I'd recommend LL Bean. I have a pair of Uniqlo Heat Tech thermals and LL thermals and the latter is worlds warmer. I use the heat tech's for mild cold weather.

2. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

@sinnedk They're a bit pricier than Uniqlo, but I'd imagine ski/snowboard brands would also work. Burton stuff has lasted me a while; I have one thermal shirt that's going on something like 12 years.

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thanks fella's i wasn't looking as much for warmth as much as just an LS shirt, but i'll look into the brands. uniqlo had best price/quality at about $20

4. explorator

explorator Member

Any recommendations for a chunky belted cardigan/robe? I was thinking of buying this nonnative one but I think it'll be too small (should probably go for a relaxed fit) and ideally I'd like to pay half that.

5. pwhinson

pwhinson Well-Known Member

I'm interested in buying a double monk strap shoe but my experience so far (with the Lobb William I) is that my middle-low instep doesn't provide enough height for a good fit, even when the buckle is on the last "hole" in the upper strap. I bought the Lobbs in both a 9UK and a 9.5UK and unfortunately kep the 9.5 rather than the 9 - although I'm not sure the 9 would have solved the problem. I would consider adding another hole in the upper strap but there doesn't seem to be much space left between the third hole and the wider part of the "flap" that covers the instep.

I love Edward Green and am considering the Green double monk, the Carmina double monk and the Vass double monk. I have no retailers in the Atlanta area that have any of these shoes, thus I have no opportunity to try them on. (That is with the exception of Edward Green at Sid Mashburn and they don't appear to have the double monks on hand; they seemed to sell the Alfred Sergeant but that one is a far worse fit than the Lobb). Any ideas?

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

C&J lowndes on 348 would help the lower instep

7. HooliganBarlow

HooliganBarlow New Member

Sorry for the grainy picture. I'm thinking this top/bottom combo works, but I'm looking for suggestions for what to wear under the sweater (the tee was so I wouldn't blow you away with my impressive chest carpet). For clarity's sake, they're burnt orange J Brand slim jeans, with a tight-knit casual gray stripes-on-black buttoned cardigan.[​IMG]Thanks!

8. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

before thinking about what to wear under the cardugan, maybe invest in a better cardigan first? I don't know if it's the grainy pic but I'm not sold on that one.

9. akcom

akcom Member

I really like the look of wingtip boots, is there any reason I should consider a shoe instead of a boot in the wingtip style?

10. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Senior member

If it's too hot to wear boots?

I love my wingtip boots. I prefer boots to shoes honestly. They're much more comfortable for me.

11. sergiulohan

sergiulohan New Member

Where could i buy this leather portfolio?

[​IMG]

12. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Where can I find some nice white or black sidezips?

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

looking for some straight leg jeans that have a slim hem to go with my CCP, i have ro detroit cut which are great but want something like CCP jeans or IE jeans but i am looking to spend sub 200 (if i really like something will go to 300) so i am considering lots of stuff, anyone have good ideas?

something like the pics below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the ro are actually exactly what i like/want but i am looking for a better fit. surprisingly levi's 511 fit kicks ass but doesn't stack

14. Swagged

Swagged Well-Known Member

Wearing a light denim shirt with black Levi 511s, acceptable or not?

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Yes but that's not what I asked

16. bobbymilwaukee

bobbymilwaukee Active Member

17. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

50$ au lieu de 280$? For non-selvedge jeans? I would stay away.

18. NorthernLight

NorthernLight New Member

I'm in my mid 20s and want to move away from sneakers as a casual shoe in the spring and fall. I'm looking at chukkas, though I'm open to other styles. What's the best colour of shoes for blue denim and a black leather jacket? I love the rich shades of brown that chukkas come in, but I don't they'd be a natural fit with the black jacket.

19. Scambug

Scambug Member

how about light grey chukkas? they should fit pretty well

20. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Does anyone know the best way to remove this antiperspirant stain from a bag strap? I've tried detergent, dish soap, and regular hand soap and nothing has worked.

[​IMG]