1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

where should my wife look online to find a parka on discount?

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

There's some nice Marant ones on sale at LaGarconne.

3. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Does anyone know of another sneaker that has this same basic design? I know nike blazer's are similar but they're too narrow and have more details than this one. This Superga model doesn't appear to be available in the US so I'm looking for an alternative.

[​IMG]

4. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Denim noob question ...

Looking for a dark wash, straight fit without too much design on the back pockets. I'd rather not get raw denim where I need to do soaks and could screw it up.

I wore a pair of AG Proteges for about 5 years but they're at the end of their life. I know of Naked and Famous but was hoping you guys could just recommend a few more brands and I'll take it from there.

I'm 6'1 175 appx. so I want to stay away from skinny jeans because they elongate my legs even more and I don't like the feel. Would like to keep it < $200 too but will consider stuff a little over.

Thanks in advance.

5. JohnnyCrockett

JohnnyCrockett Senior member

I have a very similar question.
    I've loved my APC Original Standards (same as NS but 1.5" higher rise) for 5 years. I basically want another pair but the OS has been discontinued for 2 or 3 years now. Key is that I want/need a rise that's 11" or higher. I just don't find lower-rise jeans comfortable.

What brands should I look at for similar fit and aesthetic to APC? I want zero if any detailing (no pocket stitching, nothing weird or branded), denim of similar hue to APC, and a clean but not tight or tapered fit. I have seen a lot of brands thrown around here, from Uniqlo to expensive stuff from Self Edge. But which places/brands should I focus my search on? Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  6. guille14

guille14 Member

can you help me to find this suede jacket or similar. It must be shirt neck suede jacket. any price. THANKS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. cag2

cag2 Member

I'm getting ready to purchase several new dress shoes and am looking for an exhaustive dress shoe guide before I invest in some good pairs. I have several questions and I'm sure they've been answered and explained somewhere. None of my questions are really style related. I'm more interested in construction, maintenance, and repairs. From the little that I have read and understand, it seems Goodyear welt and Blake construction are the 2 preferable construction types, with Goodyear as the best. I've also seen it stated that it can be more difficult to find a cobbler who can repair Blake construction shoes. Some of the questions I have are below.

How often do shoes need to be resoled? How can you tell when they need to be resoled?

How often should you polish your shoes?

How can you tell if a cobbler's work is up to par? How much should you expect to pay for typical work done by a cobbler? (I live in Tampa, FL if anyone here can recommend a particular cobbler.)

What is the difference between all the types of cedar shoe trees? Which are more preferable? What should you look for?

Any other helpful information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

8. elliott415

elliott415 New Member

Hi,

Can anyone identify these boots?
    Taken from the 0:12 second mark of

Thank you,

[​IMG]

9. mad liberator

mad liberator Member

Random black chelseas.

10. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

What's the leg opening like on the Original Standards? N&F Slim Guy or Regular Guy might be similar, and they don't have any branding. Tate & Yoko stock a few of each and have a size chart:

Regular Guy
    Slim Guy

11. Jonahtan38

Jonahtan38 New Member

I have a date-night coming up this wednesday, and I have a reservation at a somewhat-formal place (jacket suggested, but no need for a tie). I have a new blue blazer (MB f/w 13) that I am itching to wear, but I am not sure how to put the full outfit together.
    I feel like I should wear either a white or a patterned OCBD under the blazer, but my problem is with the pants. I feel like a blue blazer with jeans is too much blue, but a blue blazer with tan chinos is way too 'dad-casual.'
    Any ideas on how I can wear my dope new blue blazer on a semi-formal date night?

12. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Has anybody ever tried the Muttonhead "baseball" pants?
    I'm trying to figure out if they'd fit me length-wise. I'm 6'2" and the "outseam" is listed at 44.5" but there's no listing for the inseam or rise and I don't know how that would translate. I'd like a 31-32" inseam, do you think I'd be safe?
    Thanks.

13. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Dunlop Volley.
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urba...g&matchtype=&gclid=CPijx-OYv7wCFcY7OgodehEAkA
    Every Australian Kids beater shoe when I was growing up.

Shoes like Pottery
    http://www.stevenalan.com/VEN_ALL_N...signers-shoes-like-pottery&start=0&hitcount=4
    Although they are more expensive and have a cap toe.

14. red81

red81 Senior member

bonobos has some superga

15. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Thanks for the tips guys, but those aren't as plain and don't have the same styling as the one I posted. The Shoes Like Pottery one is close but it has a thicker sole and cap toe.

16. bertie

bertie Senior member

Well I am a dad so take what I say with that in mind. If you have any grey (jeans included) - try that with the blazer with OCBD. Other coloured chinos (not tan) also work with blue blazer.

17. jrrtkn

jrrtkn New Member

Hey there, first post. Looks like a fantastic, really active forum. a pleasure to be on here.

I've been taking steps to minimize my closet.
    In the process I've realized that I should invest in quality articles of clothing, that way I don't have to have a huge wardrobe full of the miscellaneous. I want to clarify that I'm looking for quality streetwear, i.e. nudie jeans, a nice jacket.. on that level. I do not have the bank account for Armani suits or versace shirts. unfortunately.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    these are some great emoticons on here

Criteria:
    Thank you for any and all help![​IMG]

18. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

19. LelandJ

LelandJ Senior member

Anyone know on average how much money a designer saves by not lining a blazer?

It costs me an extra $180 to get a blazer lined by my tailor, and for comparison she only charges $10 to hem a pair of pants.

20. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

A lot of work goes into sewing a lining into a blazer. You have to buy the fabric, cut the right sizes, and sew many pieces into all the different areas. Hemming pants can be done in under an hour.