1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

You can try Uniqlo and Club Monaco both in their slim fit line.

2. brightorangetrousers

brightorangetrousers Senior member

No idea about the jumpers/cardigans, but have two of their hand-woven acrylic scarves. Very cheap, very awesome.

If the jumpers are anything like the scarves there will be the odd irregularity. That might not be your thing, though, if you're
    looking for something like SNS...

3. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

Anyone knows where I can get this

[​IMG]

In an XS? PNP doesn't carry it, the official e-shop only has the ugly dark dust colour

4. Austin Tremblay

Austin Tremblay Well-Known Member

So…I have what may be an incredibly stupid question, but:

With raw denim, is there any way to make buttoning them easier? I don't mean losing weight in the waist, as that's not the problem. I mean that it feels like I need twice my normal strength to get the fly buttoned. Is there a way to break the buttons in somehow?

Thanks for your time!

5. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

the pants are probably new. just keep wearing them...the button holes will loosen up over time.

you can stick a pen through the hole when you aren't wearing them to spread it out some...but it's really not necessary.

6. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Yeah just wear them and they'll loosen up pretty quickly. What's the weight of the denim? I've never had anything over 15oz and those softened up after about 2 weeks of wear.

7. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

What do you guys wear for (non-watch) wrist accessories?

I was thinking a natural leather wristband or something but idk I need recommendations

8. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Question - I mostly wear dark denim or chinos - mostly more casual type pants. Looking for a ~1.5" snuff suede belt that wouldn't clash too horribly, but I'm finding that most of them come with a brass buckle (in particular I have my eye on Carmina's snuff suede belt). Is that kosher to wear with a steel watch? Also, is it a bad idea to wear a snuff suede belt with snuff suede LWBs?

9. Austin Tremblay

Austin Tremblay Well-Known Member

Thanks. They're 14.5 oz. I look forward to breaking them in.

10. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Are snuff suede shoes supposed to flop since its an unstructured shoe? These are allen edmonds 2nds (Neumok)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

[​IMG]

What kind of jacket is that and where can I get one for around $200? FYI the pic is from Barbour

12. guille14

guille14 Member

this kind is a field blue jacket, I bougth in spain one similar to this for around 60 eur...You can fin a lot of those and the price depends on the brand.
    http://www.lyst.com/clothing/uniqlo-men-field-jacket-navy/
    http://www.lyst.com/clothing/zegna-sport-field-jacket-navy-blue/
    http://shop.mango.com/ES/p0/hebyman...e&ident=0__0_0_1391770473632&ts=1391770473632
    and also in military green http://www.bennevisclothing.com/Alpha-Industries-M65-Field-Coat-Green

13. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

[​IMG]
    sterling silver hook bracelet from st. croix. bought on vacation over a year ago...haven't taken it off since. my fiance got one also. how cute.... ;)

14. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

What is the difference between Italian suit drop and American suit drop? I know American suit drop refers to the differences (in inches) between the jacket size and pant waist (i.e. 44R drop 6 means the pants are a 38 waist).

But it sounds like Italian suit drop is measured differently. Anyone care to explain how?

Thanks!

15. bsarosi

bsarosi Senior member

Just a Jawbone UP band...not really an accessory but like to track my activity over the course of the day.

16. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

can any guys in the Baltimore, MD area give me a recommendation for a cobbler? I just want to get a vibram half sole put on my Oak Street Tench Boots and the 2 places I called are wanting to charge $45/$50....seems way high from what I've read in the various threads on here.

preferably, northern baltimore county but I'll take any decent recommendation! (i don't know if there is a better place to ask these questions).

17. MentalloMystery

MentalloMystery New Member

Read an article in the paper today, and one of the subjects' boots looked great to me. Below is a picture of the group featured in the article -- I'm interested in the pair of boots worn by the man who's sitting on the stool.

[​IMG]

Here's another picture from the article.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance.

18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Rick Owens side zip combat boots maybe.

19. Trayle

Trayle Member

Anyone seen a nice (small) winter jacket/coat anywhere on sale? It's still damn cold up North. :/

Had my eye on that White Mountaineering Camo jacket, not sure about the print though...

Thanks for letting me know!

20. thro

thro New Member

Picked up a Puma jacket on eBay that was advertized as Puma Mihara Yasuhiro and in the bad photos looked like it might have been. With the item in hand tho I'm suspecting it's just a basic jacket, and the only things really Mihara-ish about it are the misaligned stealth reflective pinstripes. Before I attempt to send it back to the seller as mis-advertized I wanted to see if anyone of you knew for sure: Mihara, yes or no? (No declaration that it is on tags or on Puma descriptions.)

Here's an EU catalog shot, looks like the item isn't distributed in the US.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014