1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

Which retailers in the New York City area carry an extensive range of ALFRED SARGENT shoes? I'm looking to try on a few pair and explore some MTO options with them.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Mick19

Mick19 New Member

Just wondering what the general perception of Lacoste is? Not so much in terms of quality as I know it's good quality, but views on the brand as a whole? Do people still associate it with 'chavs'? Reason being is I've just bought a Lacoste jacket (puffer-type jacket) and although personally I don't think puffer jackets are the type a 'chav' would wear, I've been looking at the polo's and quite like them. I think Lacoste is widely regarded as a renowned brand for polo's but what do people think? The fact that JD Sports sell them doesn't give me much confidence, you wouldn't see them selling Ralph Lauren for example.

http://shop-uk.lacoste.com/1108000/...-00.html#!color=DBW&cgid=1108000&i=22&size=46

That's the jacket by the way (navy), feel free to share your opinion if you will, good or bad. [​IMG]

3. masshi

masshi Senior member

have you tried j.crew's slim cuts? e.g. xs in slim

4. Sideshow Luiz

Sideshow Luiz New Member

Yea, I have, they are the only ones I've tried actually! Chest-wise it's fine, but sleeve and length wise they are too long/wide.

5. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Gitman Brothers Vintage shirts run pretty slim. The brand Band of Outsiders goes down to XXS I think.

BOO size chart:
    [​IMG]

6. luxire

luxire Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Any thoughts on going custom? For example, our Pink Oxford goes for $70, is custom made and delivered in less than 2 weeks, made to your style specifications and to your exact measurements, all for $69.99, about £42.00

I post this here as a lot of us do not consider custom as an option. Our affiliate thread with almost 500 pages of feedback should help decide.

7. TJhambone09

TJhambone09 Senior member

Wrong thread. The "got a simple question" link in the graphic at the top of CM sends you here, FYI.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  8. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

9. click here

click here Senior member

Anyone familiar with Orlebar Brown swim shorts sizing? I want to get one on sale in size 32 however it is sold out. Would a size 30 or size 34 still work? Is the material stretchy? I notice there are side belts which can be adjusted to make it smaller...would this help with the fit?

10. kloss

kloss Senior member

imo the pony hairs should be more dirt and water repellant than plain leather. but there might be a difference in how the haired leather is treated vs normal leather that could affect the durability.

11. kushburner

kushburner Senior member

I have a pair of raw APC denim that I need altered at the fly area. I dont want to wash it before bringing it in. It's not that dirty since I've only worn it for a month now. Would tailors have an issue with this?

12. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

Suggestions for casual light jacket (not a sport coat or the like).

Not really for the true winter cold as I live in Los Angeles. Never really liked cardigans, don't like jumpers. Perplexed because I usually can't find the right thing for me (guess im picky like all of us). I don't want leather jacket. And things I see guys wearing with those epaulets things and ugly polyester also is bleh. I have some some chunky knits Iike and wonder why they can't make a cut like them that aren't chunky knits if you get me...

13. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Wool bomber of some sort.

Engineer's jacket for something more interesting.

Back in my 'workwear' days this was my standard outfit

[​IMG][​IMG]
    and if it was a little more chilly I'd layer a CPO shirt in between, left unbuttoned so it would act like a lining for the jacket[​IMG]

14. masshi

masshi Senior member

god damn dude why don't you CALL one and find out? @kushburner

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  15. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  16. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

@ YOLO EMSHI

Thanks dude, but Christ those are all hideous.

I guess I have to admit I am inclined to the Prep/American heritage look, if that helps.

17. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

So EG, Barena, Aspesi etc...

18. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

Hmm well this confuses me since blazers/sport coats and knitwear are staples for the look

That only really leaves you with varsity and harrington jackets if you want to stick with the aesthetic.

Maybe check out Golden Bear collabs or Real McCoy's stuff?

19. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

I've kind of backed myself into a corner where the only things I'm buying are either Rag & Bone, Wings & Horns, and APC. What else might I like that's sort of similar in style, but more importantly in fit?

20. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

Has your experience been that Rag & Bone fits similar to W&H?
    Nothing from R&B fits over my shoulders, while W&H fits well for me