1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Zacharrrr

Zacharrrr Well-Known Member

im looking for a suit, now the problem is im athletic. shoulders should be 19inch, pit to pit 21 inch, sleeves 25 inch.

any idea what brands I could look at ? problem is, most size 40 is way too big and most size 38 shoulders are too small.

2. leeba

leeba Senior member

where to kawp tapered wool sweatpants/lounge pants/casual trouser-esque pants?

3. Olimar

Olimar Member

I got a black peacoat for Christmas, Im now looking for a good scarf to pair with it. I would most likely only be wearing it with this jacket. I was looking and I found a dark brown one I really like but I know dark brown and black is risky business. This it could work??

4. Olimar

Olimar Member

Suede shoes are damn hard to maintain. It takes a good amount of effort and you still have to be careful when wearing them. Your best bet is definitely a suede brush and cleaner as well as suede protector. Make sure you always clean before you protect though. And always clean and reapply the protector after they get wet. Ive heard that if they get really wet (like you get caught in an unexpected down poor) then to fill the inside of the shoe with crumpled up balls of news paper and let them sit somewhere to dry out.

EDIT: This was supposed to be a quote... Idk why it didnt quote. Still figuring this shit out. sorry.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  5. chickendinner

chickendinner Member

[​IMG]

will these shoes work with black trousers? what about charcoal?

6. masshi

masshi Senior member

how can we suggest a hairstyle without a pic of your face l'eheu

7. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

idk just imagine generic asian

8. Contingency Plan

Contingency Plan Senior member

How should I size Buttero boots?

Also, I'm finding it tough to identify UK stockists - you guys know of any good retailers?

Edit: Looking for these from a UK store if possible:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

They run a size large.

10. kushburner

kushburner Senior member

My APCs show a gap on the middle-lower area of the fly like shown below in red. The area is in the center of 2 buttons. It is most apparent when I am sitting down and the area bulges out. Can a tailor fix this? I think sewing the upper button opening deeper in would fix this issue. It would need a lot of reinforcement though because of stretching.

[​IMG]

11. youblewit

youblewit Member

How do you size Eytys sneakers? Are they true to size?

For people who have seen them in person, thoughts? opinions?

12. The Thin Man

The Thin Man Senior member

It's fine. Black doesn't really complement any other color, but a dark brown scarf will be fine. Don't worry about it.

13. Thearkly

Thearkly Senior member

---

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  14. Pirhon

Pirhon Member

I would like to get rough work shirt made of denim or chambray, what other options are there than Iron Heart?

15. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

How is Beams Plus in terms of quality and fit? Is it good?

16. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  17. Kensington

Kensington Senior member

Does the effect of sun fading work without heat? I once had a pair of sneakers that went from navy blue to an almost light greyish/purple after one hot day at the beach. Would the same effect work if a garment was left in a window in a cool apartment/house? I'd like to fade a wool garment but I don't want to risk shrinking it from the heat.

18. Thearkly

Thearkly Senior member

I am pretty sure its the sun. You won't lose anything by leaving it at a window and it fades to your taste. If your that worried about the heat, you can make a heat sink with a water container, but it may fragment the light from the sun.

Sources:
    http://www.theflooringlady.com/wool_rugs_000733.html

19. max-t

max-t Senior member

is there a women's equivalent to sf?

20. dylansmith

dylansmith Member

my sincere apologies in advance for a beginner's question, but i have to ask:

1. why is it a fashion faux pas to wear black suits?

"Quoted from Styleforum 101":
    1. The only men who should wear black suits during the day are priests, undertakers, secret agents, funerals attendees and yokels.

2. what allows the 'Saphir Renovateur' shoe polish to command a premium over the usual Kiwi polish? will the polish last longer? less damage to the shoe? or?

3. Are YSL shoes not durable at all? the sole has a leather-like material, but was ruined within 2 weeks of wearing it (it's super slippery even on normal floors now..)

4. "Shoes made of better leather will keep getting better as they age. A classic pair is a wise investment." - how do they keep getting better? how do i identify excellent leather vs good/average leather?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013