1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. mttlee0

mttlee0 Senior member

I just purchased my first Devoa jacket, http://www.blackcelebrationstore.com/Product-Woven_Jacket_,55,61. Love everything about it, but the jacket length and sleeves are a bit too long.

What tailor would you recommend in Los Angeles or Orange County to shorten the Devoa jacket?

Also, the sleeves are 2 inches too long but they have functional buttons and a structured shoulder. Is it a good idea to try to shorten the arms? I don't mind the sleeves being a bit long since I don't mind the look and a lot of the model photos have the sleeves hitting at the knuckle.

2. personone

personone Active Member

I bought a jean jacket and I am in love with it, but I can't use it with jeans, unless they're black or gray. Do I just bite the bullet and buy four/five pairs of pants to wear this thing everyday?

3. masshi

masshi Senior member

Not really about clothes but something I've always wondered about - what's with the face-blurring/obscuring in people's pictures of themselves?

Is it because they're ugly? Is it because their faces would take attention away from their outfit? If the latter, shouldn't you be wearing stuff that goes well with your face to begin with?

why

4. personone

personone Active Member

The internet is forever. Anonymity is your passport on the web

1 person likes this.
  5. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

Burgundy coats in general may be too feminine to wear, the toggles push it well over the edge.

Don't recommend you wear the same anything every day.

6. kloss

kloss Senior member

There is a cold-dyed version of an item that I want. Would it be easy and inexpensive to have it dyed black?

7. kloss

kloss Senior member

Did anybody see the fw13 Plokhov gray vest stocked anywhere? I have only seen the black ones stocked. even if it sold out immediately, i would like to know which stores had it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  8. boned

boned Senior member

Looking for a standard grey sweatshirt. The problem is most repros seem to be short, loose, and ultimately fit like a sail. I'm looking for a long and pretty slim fit. Would prefer loopwheeled, and raglan sleeves. So far all I can find is this midweight sweat from RM, but the dimensions still seem a bit off. Anyone have some suggestions?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  9. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

I second this question.

10. Danda74

Danda74 Senior member

Looking for a shirt with thick vertical stripes, preferably with short sleeves. Example of long sleeve one here:[​IMG]

11. Nick Lowery

Nick Lowery Well-Known Member

Anyone know what shirt/what brand makes this? I'd be surprised if I could find this exact one but any similar's would be good too. Thanks
    [​IMG]

12. Nick Lowery

Nick Lowery Well-Known Member

Anyone selling APC New Cures waist size either 30,31 or 32 and inseam either 32 or 34 and also looking for Common Projects Achilles Mid Sneakers either grey or white size US 12,11.5 or 11? PM me
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. Supasing

Supasing Member

Posted this in CM by accident but anyone have any advice on parkas for Boston's snow? Looking to avoid the ubiquitous Canada Goose. TOJ would have been perfect (If anyone has a fishtail in a small, sell it to me. Any color is fine). Woolrich and spiewak aren't doing it for me. Just gonna be used for walking for no longer than 30 mins.

14. Xancatrius

Xancatrius Senior member

Anyone know where I should look for a deep forest/olive green knit cardigan?

Just a plain basic one, no frills.

15. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

^
    I've actually not seen a cardi that color I can remember oddly enough. There must be something available.

MMM boots I'm considering say TTS. I'm usually a slightly roomy 44, good chance a 43 might fit me?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  16. LEgoiste

LEgoiste Senior member

Hi,

Anyone know where I could get these cargo pants (or something else with similar fabric)?

[​IMG]

Thanks

17. Stitches

Stitches Senior member

No idea about the cargos, but I'm pretty sure the fabric is ripstop.

18. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

Anyone know what the Prop 65 warning on boots would be? Rubber soles or is there some chemical application on the leathers?

19. RubySkies

RubySkies New Member

Where does "genuine full grain nappa leather" fall under the leather quality scale?

20. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Epaulet makes these--not cargo but same fabric.

Q: How do McNairy footwear run? I'm a 10 in Red Wing / Alden Leydon | 10.5 in Clarks / Jack Purcells / 11 in Nikes / 43 in MOMA.

Would 9 UK be good? Or 9.5 (which means I'm out of luck re: the pair I'm looking at...)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013