1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Definitely don't soak. Try to wait about six months before the first time you soak them, then use lukewarm water in a bath tub with some woolite dark for about 30 minutes and hang dry after rinsing with cold water. They'll shrink a touch but just do some squats in them and you'll be set.

2. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Yes. IME they look good for one maybe two wears. I'm not even joking. Complete junk but styling is usually cool if you're into their thing.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  3. Idreamofsakura

Idreamofsakura Active Member

Hello all,

I've been struggling to find a coat that fits me in South Korea. I'm going to take the sides in a bit later, but I wanted to ask you guys if the shoulders are ok or overall should I go down a size. Its not the best quality material size, but I need something for internship interviews and in Korea, unless I'm getting made to measure or bespoke ( or the horrible tailors at Itaewon), size wise I'm screwed. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you all!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. Excuse the mess in the back... i live in a box.

1 person likes this.
  4. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

Could anyone recommend a detergent that won't fade dark colours?

5. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

Woolite for dark clothes works well. You also need to make sure you wash dark items by themselves and make sure that there is as much water as possible in the tank. Turning items inside out also can help.

6. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

They only have one sweater I want, 100 wool, on discount for $125 from $200. But pilling after two wears is unacceptable. I have 100 cashmeres, which should be more fragile, that haven't pilled after weeks of wear.

7. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Can you post pics of your cashmere collection?

2 people like this.
  8. BLAUGRANA

BLAUGRANA Senior member

Thanks to all the serious replies to questions on the selvedge denim.

I took the leap and soaked yesterday evening. I did two things:

1) Wore them in the shower. Read up on this somewhere else. Probably wasn't necessary, but wore them in the shower in slightly warm water.

2) Then I put them in the washer. I filled the washer with the warm setting for water (which is really just lukewarm) and topped it off with the hot water setting for a few seconds. Weighed them down with full shampoo bottles and such.

The result is great. They faded just a bit, but they're still really dark. The purpose here was to get rid of some bleeding. I prefer the original look that is slightly darker (I have two pair), but the difference is very subtle. Only thing is that they were a bit wrinkled. I shook them out before hang drying them, but I of course couldn't get them perfect. So less than 24 hours later they dried and I took my industrial steamer to them. Didn't entirely get them flat, but the wrinkling is pretty much gone and no wear marks/whiskering at all which is what I want because I want them to come strictly from. Also, not shrinkage anywhere. Again, these are Gap Japanese Selvegde jeans and while the garment itself doesn't say "raw denim" anywhere, the website does.

Overall I'm thrilled with the result. Just threw them on and they look great. Thanks again for all the replies and I hope that this helps anyone else out.

9. BeeBoying

BeeBoying Active Member

Hey guys, so my denim jackets have finally come in these past couple days. Could 'all help me decide which one to keep: Kill City or Levi's?
    Kill City: fits shoulders, boxy, 2% spandex, contrast sleeves, raw black, long sleeves
    Levi's: Fits shoulders, pretty narrow waist, semi-faded, shorter sleeves

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

Thanks! Will give the Woolite a shot.

11. masshi

masshi Senior member

Any suggestions for grey selvage that fits like APC PS?

(And I know that APC makes a PS in grey but I'm looking for a darker shade and with selvage. Or is APC's pair selvage?

N&F's grey weird guy selvage has the kind of shade of grey/look I'm looking for (if only they had made them in a skinny guy fit):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  12. kloss

kloss Senior member

Does anybody have experience with the Plokhov tanker trousers that have button closures at the cuffs? What happens to the cuffs if my legs are shorter than the inseam? Will I need to alter it or will it look okay? With other pants, I can just let them bunch up, but I am worried about the button cuffs

13. kloss

kloss Senior member

For Plokhov blazers: is a 36 mens' blazer cut the same as a 36 womens' blazer from barneys?

14. shiser

shiser Member

15. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

[​IMG]

Does this look feminine?

16. masshi

masshi Senior member

look like desert boots @shiser

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  17. shiser

shiser Member