1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

UK 9, same for boots.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. Isachenko

Isachenko Senior member

Do people usually get hit with customs to the states from yoox?

3. finnmusic

finnmusic New Member

Where can I get a pair of the Flyknit Trainers in black/white? It seems like the only way to get them is on ebay, are they sold anywhere else?

4. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Check nike.com periodically as they get restocks. They usually sell out fast though. I haven't seen any restocks at other stores.

5. masshi

masshi Senior member

nah the black/white ones used to be on clearance but they aren't even listed anymore

best chance would indeed be ebay for fuck you prices if you can't find them anywhere else :(

6. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

can sb ID jeans according to the logo?
    I have seen a nice pair of jeans. the only thing I have recognized is the sharp edged tan-colored logo on the right backpocket.
    anyone knows a brand that uses this type of logo??
    any help appreciated!

thank!

///EDIT: oh, and a white patch on the other pocket.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  7. ramenmeal

ramenmeal New Member

I'm looking to get some jack purcell's in white. How should I decide between leather and canvas, without seeing them in person? Is the leather shiny?

I'll be wearing the jack purcell's with dark indigo raw denim, and maybe some lighter chino's, maybe this should affect my decision? I'm leaning towards canvas due to this picture (lol) http://www.artofmanliness.com/trunk/323/steve-mcqueena-gun/

Another unrelated question, I currently have these chino's: http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/pantsbyfit/Chino/484/PRDOVR~48447/48447.jsp in "dusty khaki", what color should I get next? I wear mostly bright colored polo's from BR, some white and other bright color t shirts.

8. fdart17

fdart17 Member

1) How do you know which socks are appropriate? I always wore plain white or black socks before, but looking into dress socks now and whatever else is appropriate.
    I've got dark blue jeans and orange chinos that I wear, with the following 3 shoes:
    [​IMG]

2) When should you roll up your jeans/chinos instead of letting them break? I've never done this before but see it all the time.

9. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

1) White for sneakers only. Add navy for business casual environments and you're good to go.
    2) No rule. Just do what you're comfortable with.
    Not really. It's up to you. Canvas is more breathable, less waterproof. Raw denim will stain the canvas unless you cuff.

10. zuwei

zuwei New Member

I have a denim jacket which fits me perfectly except where the sleeves are. The sleeves are actually too long. Should I have them authored or just fold them ?

11. ricki7789

ricki7789 Member

Hey Forum Members,

I'm relatively new here and look forward to learning more from the community! I have been wanting these sneakers forever and have no clue what make they are. I was wondering if the forum members could help me out! I want these shoes so badly!

Thanks so much!

[​IMG]
    PLEASE HELP ME. I WOULD LOVE THESE SHOES THANK YOU SO MUCH

Ricki

12. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

those are nikes right?

13. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Any idea who makes pants like these?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Yeah I know it's a long shot because I don't have any pics where the pants can be seen properly but I think you get the idea... they look like grey (greenish?) wool pants and I like how they stack.

They seem to have J shape or twisted seams but most of the pants I see with that cut don't use the same fabric as the ones in the pics.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  14. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Maybe check out Zam Barretts stuff.

15. QQFEGN

QQFEGN New Member

Is there anyone here able to proxy from Canada (ssense.com) to Denmark with as little cost as possible? I just want to avoid customs by shipping as a gift.

16. Schander

Schander New Member

Which brand is these pants?

Regards,
    [​IMG]

17. hennree

hennree Senior member

With MMM Painted GATs, how easy does the paint wash off? If / when it comes off what do they look like? :embar::embar:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  18. ricki7789

ricki7789 Member

I am not sure. Do you know which model of nike? Desperately trying to find them!

19. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

maybe those are air180s or some vtng (retro) model. do you have another picture?

20. a bag of it

a bag of it Senior member

Which stores in Boston have a good selection of high quality clothes at a steep discount. The Closet on Newbury St is one of my go to places, and Bobby from Boston has been recommended. Any other suggestions?