1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. strangebrew

strangebrew Well-Known Member

How much can a cobbler lower heel height before messing up the balance of the shoe?

Found some nice boots with double sole but not really diggin the thick heels.

2. nigelhavers84

nigelhavers84 New Member

3. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

What's the general consensus on Land's End's Archer shoes?

4. jmart154

jmart154 Senior member

Suggestions on good lined winter shirts/flannels/jackets? I ordered some stuff from LL Bean and their stuff fits like crap. How is Carhartt, Woolrich?

5. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Chamois shirts by any of the higher end makers like Pendleton or Woolrich will be warm and nice.

1 person likes this.
  6. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

7. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

that pendleton stuff is nice they also make xxs and xs just wondering if it fits slim especially in the arms. plus some of it is made in the usa.

8. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

abl why not just use a insole or heel lift in whatever shoe you want sized for it. this is exactly what my cousin does he's regularly 5'5

9. zombie

zombie Active Member

Need a suit for med school interviews. Is the following sedate enough? I can't tell if the fabric/texture/pattern (idunno lol) is a red flag. There's also a navy version, but I look best in grey. Any other recommendations for a budget below $1K? I wish that COS suit at Opening Ceremony was in stock b/c I can't really justify spending much on a suit when all I wear is sweats. 5'9", 40-in chest, 30-in waist, ~15 shoulders (lmao, yeah), athletic build.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. brew

brew Member

Can anyone recommend boots similar in style to the Peter Nappi Julius boot (it's like a Wolverine 1000 mile with a less bulkier last) that come in a high quality sole? - like a Rendenbach valona sole or J & FJ Baker oak bark tan sole. Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  11. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

Check out Benjamin suits from eHaberdasher? Also recheck your shoulder measurements.

12. wzjradam

wzjradam Senior member

Can anyone comment on the quality of Barena's knits?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  13. personone

personone Active Member

Quick, stupid question: We wear jeans super tight because we know they'll stretch out with wear, right?

Do Levi's 501 Shrink-to-Fit jeans do the same thing? If I'm a 36 should I buy 34?

14. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Is this a Zegna main line collection? Thinking of the ''taglio esclusivo'' don't say that on other zegna suits...
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

15. killakaze

killakaze New Member

I have the Florsheim Limited Veblens in the wine. I was wondering what shoe polish would be great for it?

16. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

17. DecoyOctopus

DecoyOctopus Member

I like the Viberg service boot on styleforummarket. i checked out the viberg official site and the service boot there is double the price. Why?

18. wasianman

wasianman Member

I recently purchased the Naked & Famous Weird guy vintage dungaree selvedge TAPERED. They were on sale for $81 on Nordstrom online. The inseam is 32". I'm wondering if the inseam will be too short as I am 6 feet tall. Will the inseam look okay with my height? Will the inseam shrink when I soak or wash in the future? Feedback/help appreciated

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  19. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

that is the real price of the viberg the styleformmarket is just a deposit you have to front the rest of the money when the boots are done and ready to ship.

damn dude 32" for a 6 feet tall guy is really short man unless your all torso or you super sag. either way having short looking legs at that height is not a good look.

20. Koala-T

Koala-T Senior member

Actually, I think 32 is pretty standard for 6'. I'm a little over 6' and reasonably well proportioned, and some 32s are long on me. In fact I'm closer to a 31. OP what size jeans do you normally wear?