1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Whats american apparels fin jersey fit like. Snug or slouchy? Also I am considering buying some basic shirts, If Im a Medium in Their henleys should I only wear medium for their shirts?

2. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

3. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

I cant find the exact model of these Android Homme's anywhere! Are they propulsion 2.5's? I saw them on the non baller thread and it was posted in 2010. P.S all the propulsions look like they have wierd textures and designs unlike these. Anyone?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. brew

brew Member

5. maverickm

maverickm Well-Known Member

Which one should I purchase for upcoming winter???

This (Balmain) This (MMM)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  6. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

7. maverickm

Thanks my man I wish I could afford both :)!!!

Balmain is a bit cheaper than MMM cause its 50% off hence the dilemma.

MMM is also tempting because I believe they don't release 5 zip in material other than leather every year and leather/shearling is too warm for Indian winter :)!!!

8. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

To be honest they're both pretty meh, you should keep an eye out for the neoprene 5-zip instead or just find something else

1 person likes this.
  9. sky burial

sky burial Member

I normally wouldn't ask a question like this unless I exhausted all search options (and I have.....). I'm trying to date this Levi's Type III Trucker Jacket in Bedford Corduroy, black and gold big E tag, single stitch left of bottom button hole, red and white tag in collar. My best guess is pre-'71 although. Saw one on a Japanese site but no date info. Any info appreciated.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Benesyed

Benesyed Senior member

Winter boot in the sub 200 category (deally sub 100). Don't care about fashunz. Just want it to be water proof, excellent tread, warm, and durable.

Hit me up

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Any REI hiking boot will do the job, just make sure it has goretex. Better to get it fitting in store if possible

2 people like this.
  12. mer6

mer6 Senior member

My Garmont (Momentum Snow w/ Goretex) boots have fantastic tread, warmth, and water resistance. They are what they are, pretty ugly, but they get the job done well when it's icy/snowy and cold as fuck.

EDIT: Yup, got em at REI.

13. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

No luck for the Android Hommes I guess?

14. noirwest

noirwest Senior member

I'd recommend these: http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65130

They've lasted me a couple midwest winters now and I feel like they're invincible.

15. maverickm

Appreciate the honest advice :)!!! It is valuable when you are about to blow around 550$ for a knit. I'll keep that in mind and keep searching. Does margiela produce neoprene 5 zips every year coz I could not find it anywhere? Also I could not find viscose 5 zip which RegisDB rocks in WAYWT (SWD). It is so tempting but could not find it anywhere :(!!!

16. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Senior member

17. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

Oh sorry mixed the materials up, meant the viscose one (don't think there are any neoprene ones)

I'm pretty sure GDL can arrange for international shipping, but you'd have to ask him how it would be customs and duties. Unfortunately don't know any European stockists for that boot

18. abl

abl Well-Known Member

Two questions

1. Any dress shoe recommendations for a shorter guy? E.g., ideally they'd have somewhat more of a heel than your average shoes? I'm looking in the $75-250 range. I wear the standard navy and charcoal suits (conservative cut) if that matters. My build is slender, and I'm a lawyer, so I'm not looking for anything too flashy.

2. What about a winter coat for a Midwest winter? I don't need something formal, but I'm looking for something that won't look stupid with a suit coat on. Budget is of some concern (I can't afford a $400 jacket -- if need be, I'll just continue wearing my North Face ski jacket).

For either, I can afford to wait a month or two to get it on sale if need be.

19. Froosh

Froosh Senior member

Anyone know of a decent brand for chunky fisherman raglan knits? Slim to regular comfy fit is fine. TIA

20. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

A question about Jcrew. Is it possible to have matching pants for one of those cotton XS navy jackets?

Can I just purchase cotton bowery pants to make it a suit?