1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. skymat212

skymat212 New Member

Hey all I have a question about how denim should fit in the thigh... I just bought a pair of 7 for all mankind jeans but I feel they are a little tight in the thigh... they fit great every where else.. How much can jeans be taken out in the thigh if at all?... how much room should a guy generally have in the thigh? I don't do baggy but I don't like skinny jeans either? my thigh is about 23 in and the jeans give 24.5 in in the thigh....

2. Francis91

Francis91 Senior member

Hey all I have a question about how denim should fit in the thigh... I just bought a pair of 7 for all mankind jeans but I feel they are a little tight in the thigh... they fit great every where else.. How much can jeans be taken out in the thigh if at all?... how much room should a guy generally have in the thigh? I don't do baggy but I don't like skinny jeans either? my thigh is about 23 in and the jeans give 24.5 in in the thigh....

Tailor won't be able to do anything with the thighs. Just return the jeans.

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

does left hand twill denim feel lighter than right hand twill denim, even if they are the same weight?
    also when i wash a pair of 13oz denim would they feel lighter as well? thanks

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

does left hand twill denim feel lighter than right hand twill denim, even if they are the same weight? also when i wash a pair of 13oz denim would they feel lighter as well? thanks
    No, not likely (they may feel heavier due to the weave tightening).

5. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

No, not likely (they may feel heavier due to the weave tightening).

thanks, what about left vs right hand twill? do you know if it makes a difference in how "light" the jeans may feel?

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

That's what the No was towards

7. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Senior member

8. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

The only real difference between left, right, and broken twill denim is the way that the legs twist (and, like selvedge used to be, it can be an indicator of quality denim, since LHT is generally special-ordered and not widely available

9. StylinOnYou

StylinOnYou New Member

Can someone recommend me a baller belt i can wear to parties and school? Thx in advance.

10. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Can someone recommend me a baller belt i can wear to parties and school? Thx in advance.

Belts are not really that baller an item. Maybe check out Tanner leather goods, Billy Kirk or sf member UnLucky.

11. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

The Margiela disco belt fits the bill nicely (1)

12. Spaceboy

Spaceboy New Member

hello everyone =)

i need recommendations on pants/jeans (especially color) with these:

[​IMG]

and blue/white striped shirt?

tnx in advance

13. banjabear

banjabear Well-Known Member

Are there any Julius stockists in the UK? Alternatively, what online stockists are there?

Thanks in advance.

14. gotlighters

gotlighters Senior member

I've been seeing shirts being advertised and promoted with a material used to make it called xla lastol. I remember it being heavily promoted at BR (yes, br has no love on here). Are buying shirts with that material worth buying or should I still be sticking to 100% cotton?

15. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Are there any Julius stockists in the UK? Alternatively, what online stockists are there?

Thanks in advance.

Blackbird and Atelier are the two US stores that come to mind, though your best bet is to go with Yahoo! Auctions Japan or Rakuten to avoid the US upcharge

16. chopp

chopp Active Member

i know this is a stupid question but..

black graduation gown, grey pants, brown shoes; should probably stick to black shoes huh?

17. hardisty17

hardisty17 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who slim or not Hickey Freeman shirts are?

18. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

i know this is a stupid question but..

black graduation gown, grey pants, brown shoes; should probably stick to black shoes huh?

High School or College?

19. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

Does anyone know who slim or not Hickey Freeman shirts are?

Hickey Freeman = very conservative, classic cut

hickey (all lowercase) = compare to polo's custom fit. sadly, this line is now defunct.

20. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Does the Filson 257 ever come in black, or is there a way to dye it black?

I need a bag for my instrument and it needs to be black in order for it not to stand out. I really lke the simple yet sturdy design of Filsons.