1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Bartleby Trout

Bartleby Trout Senior member

Now, is this just a general rule with boots? I wear my chelsea boots without tucking or cuffing and I think they look good.

Take these for example:
    [​IMG]

Do all boots like this require a cuff or tuck to be pulled off in a stylish way?

2. Like The Waves

Like The Waves New Member

Hey, so I'm going to be buying my first pair of Chelsea boots soon. I was looking into buying the Loake Bayswater, but was recommended the Cheaney Threadneedle by someone who works at the retailer from which I was going to buy the Bayswater. I couldn't find much information on the Cheaneys, so I was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the differences between the two. I'll be wearing them largely with dark denim, though also the occasional suit, if that makes a difference. Thanks!

3. kloss

kloss Senior member

its a coat with a "throne collar" or "stand collar." not sure if the two terms are equivalent...IS and MA+ make some.

4. jmart154

jmart154 Senior member

Looking for suggestions on a pair of rugged lace-up black boots, combat or otherwise. Preferably boots that look good when beaten up, or already have that look to them. I appreciate all input!

5. Bartleby Trout

Ebay it up. Great to start there.

6. jmart154

jmart154 Senior member

I tried! However I must say, searching "black boots" on ebay is not conducive to the condensed, specific style that I am looking for.

7. Bartleby Trout

I usually use the browse function

ALL used boots
    color black
    your size and width.

You'll see everything. It's a great way to search.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  8. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

What's your price range?

9. digga

digga Senior member

I would go with the AF60 from Alden of Carmel. My favorite boot that matches your description.

Unfortunately, you have to convince Adam to sell shoes to you. This is the only reason I don't own a pair.

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Black_Shell_Cordovan_Straight_Tip_Boot_169.htm

1 person likes this.
  10. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

11. Bartleby Trout

Would these look weird with black jeans (not tucked in or cuffed)

[​IMG]

Thank you

12. bigsink

bigsink Senior member

New business casual wardrobe. Need to buy 2 pair of brown shoes (no intention of wearing black shoes/coats to keep costs down). I was thinking one dark brown and one medium brown. I wear dress pants and button shirts. Suit/Tie twice per year. I have a budget of $500 for 2 pairs of shoes. for each shoe.Any recommendations?

13. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Trout those would look great

1 person likes this.
  14. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

Where can I get a Visvim 20L by proxy in Japan? Can't find any in black in stock anywhere.

15. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

Looking for a medium-heavy wool scarf, preferably navy or purple, something my girlfriend could wear [​IMG] Any recommendations apart from SNS?

16. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

17. Bartleby Trout

Is there a thread where i can state what i'm looking for to see if anyone is selling? I can't seem to find one at the moment, but I'm pretty sure there is one.

18. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

trout what those boots? lol that is wolverine 1000 mile in black.

19. Bartleby Trout

I heard they run large so I'm on the lookout for some size 7 (or whatever fits a size 7 foot) shoe wear. I'm just trying to see what's available, I'm not looking to buy something right this second per se. They don't have to be boots either.

20. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

7? that is going to be super tight man i know i've tried on 7-8.5 don't ask why :)