1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. John_Edward

John_Edward Senior member

Question about Lacoste polos:

How much will a slim/redline made in Peru polo shrink without ever going into the dryer?

Which is better do you reckon: buy slim size 3 where everything fits well except the waist and hope that it shrinks a bit or buy size 2 classic and hope it stretches a bit in the chest?

2. *Tee*

*Tee* Senior member

Is anyone familiar with Margiela 10 t-shirt sizing ? I'm usually a medium in most labels and wonder if I should go with size 46 or 48 for a slim fit. I'm about 5'10" @ 164lbs...

Anyone ?

3. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

If anyone can point to where I can try a pair on (the Wings & Horn Service Boots) in the Bay Area, I'll give them a virtual back-rub.

Anyone for this? Not trying to be pushy, but I've looked around a lot on the forum, and asked around, and I can't come up with an answer. Interested in the boots but too many sizing horror stories to gamble with an online order.

4. SlyForm

SlyForm Member

[​IMG] Anyone able to ID this backpack?

5. ysb

ysb Senior member

Anyone for this? Not trying to be pushy, but I've looked around a lot on the forum, and asked around, and I can't come up with an answer. Interested in the boots but too many sizing horror stories to gamble with an online order.

I thought that Acrimony was the only place to get WH stuff, but I may be wrong. The boots are pretty rare these days and I heard that they're not making them anymore, so online from a shop, if available, or from someone on the forum, is going to be your best bet.

You should just measure a bunch of boots that fit you well and compare to the measurements of the boots. good luck, they're great boots

6. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

I think the above advice is good. If you can find them online, by law you're permitted exchanges and returns.

7. tomahn

tomahn Member

One of the laces on my sand suede desert boots snapped. Anyone know where to buy new ones? Doesn't look like there's any laces on their main website.

8. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

One of the laces on my sand suede desert boots snapped. Anyone know where to buy new ones? Doesn't look like there's any laces on their main website.

Thanks for the advice above. I'm not surprised that they're difficult to find (let alone try them on) but I didn't realize they weren't making them anymore!? I'll keep looking online and see what i come up with...

9. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Seeking no-show loafer socks that are small enough to work effectively with a size 9 foot. I see BR has some, but I don't want to pay $7 / pair. My feet don't need fancy shit. Thanks!

10. Exit English

Exit English Senior member

Seeking no-show loafer socks that are small enough to work effectively with a size 9 foot. I see BR has some, but I don't want to pay $7 / pair. My feet don't need fancy shit. Thanks!

I got some a while back from Sears. I think it was like $11 for a 3 pack.

11. otc

otc Senior member

speaking of white jeans.. do you guys have any recommendations?

Does *gasp* american eagle still have them?

I picked up a pair for a good $7 or something and they have done well (I'm getting ready to break them out again!). They were a slimmer fit and had a button fly...the only goofy AE distressing they had done was to the back pocket stitching so I took a seam ripper and just got rid of it. It may not be great fabric but this isn't raw indigo demin...if you wear your white denim as long and as hard without washing, you will just have grunge-color denim.

12. chopp

chopp Active Member

2 for 6 dollars at payless shoes

13. ctrlaltelite

ctrlaltelite Senior member

try the women's section at target. [​IMG]

if anyone asks, they're "a gift."

14. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Thinking women's are the way to go, although I will check Payless. I bought some no-show athletic socks from Target last night, but they are marked size 6-12 and it just doesn't work for a size 9 foot. They may be no-show on a 12, but they show on me. FFFUUUU

15. Jerm

Jerm Active Member

16. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

Any ideas on some watch brands/models similar to the Rolex Submariner? I love the look of that watch but I definitely cant afford a real one, and Im not into the idea of buying a replica.

What price range? There are a ton of legit diving watches out there, from the Orient Mako (RP $190, but can be had for $100) to god knows how many seiko models ($100 to $500) to Tag Heuer and Omega.

My diving watches are a cheap orient blue mako and a batch of seiko 5 sports. No real interest in upgrading, so I will probably ride those until they die.

17. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Looking for light gray suede mid height sneakers in the same vein as the following: [​IMG] Don't wanna spend more than $150, any ideas?

18. mlyngard

mlyngard Senior member

Those laces blow. Replaced mine pronto.

If you don;t care about OEM laces, Doc Marten has a huge selection of laces on their website. Take a look.

19. fir3fox

fir3fox Senior member

I've seen plenty of threads about shoe care, but nothing specifically for sneakers. "sneaker care" & "sneaker protection" didn't give any hits.

Anyone have a quick run down on sneaker care and could recommend some products?

20. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

journeys

Looking for light gray suede mid height sneakers in the same vein as the following:

[​IMG]

Don't wanna spend more than $150, any ideas?

supra