1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

Should I expect Clarks Desert Mali boots to stretch? (I know the regular DBs do, just not sure if these would be different.)

2. superego

superego Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]
    check b&s for other diors or similar used denim and price appropriately...the 19cm are something of a classic, so you shouldn't get totally hosed
    red lining threw me, but details look otherwise similar to the piece from john elliot and co

3. bud w

bud w Member

Are they usually longer though? I wear size 10 in Converse and I tried on Red Wing Iron Ranger in size 9 and it was noticeably longer than the size 10 in Converse.

4. 2 Legit 2 Quit

2 Legit 2 Quit Well-Known Member

http://shop.richevolutionco.com/ my friend owns that same hoodie Does anyone know if RRL jeans run alot bigger than tagged? I'm looking at a pair of size 28 RRL's and I was wondering if they'd fit more like 30's or 31's . I tried asking the seller for measurements but they wont give me any

5. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Yea RRL runs about 2 inches larger than tagged on both pairs that I have. My 31x32 slim fits measured 33" in the waist new and have stretched out an inch to 34.

6. stevent

stevent Senior member

You need to size thighs though, more important than waist measurement

7. AssassunSB

AssassunSB Member

Anyone have suggestions as to which backpack a Grade 12 student should purchase? I have been wearing a Herschel Supply Little America backpack for a while and I loved it....until everyone starting wearing it. Any suggestions? thanks.

8. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

9. onbooze

onbooze Senior member

I can vouch this. I found only about 1" extra in the waist myself, not 2" though.

Lukas

10. masshi

masshi Senior member

I think I'm gonna get a Tanner belt, but I wanted to know:

How much darker does the "natural" color get over time?

[​IMG]

Will it get as dark as the "vegetable tanned"?

[​IMG]

Or should I just get the vegetable tanned to begin with if that's the color I prefer (though I'd like the shade to be a bit lighter to be honest)?

Edit:

Okay, I must be blind, but I just noticed how big and obvious their branding is:

[​IMG]

Is it only exposed there because the belt isn't wrapped all the way to the middle hole, or is it always gonna be that obvious?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
  11. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

You don't notice the branding IME. TypicAlly the end of the belt covers it up.

The belt will get super dark tho. Here's mine after 3 years hard wear.

[​IMG]

12. SteezyWonder

SteezyWonder New Member

Currently obsessing over which boot i should get for this fall: Alden cap toe boot or Crockett & Jones Coniston... Looking for a dressy/casual brown boot, any other suggestions besides these two...

13. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Yea, you don't notice the branding, the end of the belt covers it.

Mine isn't nearly as dark as that, but I suppose that belt as a lot more sun exposure.

I prefer the natural just because it darkens over time based on your use, sort of like if you like raw denim and how it fades over time.

14. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Exactly why I went with the natural also.

15. varilight

varilight Member

Just picked up a vintage canvas (with some leather accents) bag. However it has a rather strong musky/old smell. How can I get rid of this smell?
    Thanks

16. masshi

masshi Senior member

Alright, thanks, guys. Natural it is.

Real nice age on that belt, hooker, btw.

17. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

So what constitutes a "good deal" for a used DH blazer or suit?

18. JesseLivermore

JesseLivermore Active Member

Is there a thread that'll give me an idea what people are wearing Europe? Sort of a "WAYWT" Europe edition or something. Or even just something that'll give me some info on Euro fashion in general - Anything relating to European style or fashion really. Current trends, sales, etc. I am going there for a few months later this year and would like to know how differently, or alike, we happen to dress.

19. YPCrumble

YPCrumble New Member

I'm building a new website and am looking for feedback. Site is called What Goes With This? (http://whatgoeswiththis.co) and it's answering that common question.

What do you like about the site and what would you like to see added? We're adding a login, the ability to write comments about things, and a M/F filter, but anything else? Thanks!

20. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

Here is a pretty dumb basic question, but how should a new pair of jeans fit the first time you put them on before they stretch out? Is the refrain about "you should barely be able to button them" and all that really true?

I ask because I went to try on a pair of 510s, and I had to size down because I have lost weight. But it was kind of a pain in the ass to get them over my calves and stuff. I could get them buttoned without a MAJOR fight, but it was still pretty snug.

Is that dumb? Should breaking in a new pair of jeans really be that drastic? Or is that a little overkill?