1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. justaguy7

justaguy7 Member

Quick question. Can someone tell me if LAYER O boots run big or small. Also, are they rather narrow or wide?

2. Parmezans

Parmezans Member

Do take it to a seamstress.
    I think it's wort investing an amount in order for that jacket to look nice.
    If you do it yourself, you risk making it look like you stole it from a homeless man,
    but if a professional does it, it will look like it has character. :)
    my 2c

I have a question.
    Fall starts soon... I just remembered today, trying on some shirts- HOW do people layer without the hassle of wrinkles, shirts pulling out beneath sweaters, shoulder seams being dislocated on
    inner layers etc.
    It can be rather uncomfortable to wear a slim (well) fitted shirt under a thick sweater, feels.. constricting.
    The worst thing for me is when I try to put something on while wearing my fitted shirts.

optional reading:
    From easiest to hardest to layer for me:
    Blazer: Sometimes, the shirt shoulder seams dislocate, and I almost always have to pull the cuffs out of the jacket sleeve because my sleeves are fitted.
    Semi-thick or thick sweater: This is ever so aggravating. You need to raise your arms over your head to put it on, so that means your whole shirts becomes dislocated on your body
    when you do put it on.
    Light cardigan: Ok, THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF. I can only imagine style bloggers getting ready with a help of 3 other people for this to look good. Any of this, for that matter.
    It's just impossible to take a slim fitted, light cardigan and layer it over a slim fitted shirt. The shirt's creases will be visible everywhere, it will get severely dislocated underneath and needless to say, when you wear a fitted shirt your movements aren't exactly liberated.

3. Apollox

Apollox Member

I'm really bad at knowing when clothes fit. Even a t-shirt, I couldn't tell whether I was a small or medium until I went into a fitting room with multiple mirrors which showed me how ridiculous I looked in medium. Now I'm having this problem with a long coat I bought (only medium left in stock), can't tell whether it fits baggy or it doesn't fit. I also have trouble with skinny jeans and shirts. Is there any guide for how clothes are supposed to fit?

4. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

apollox if you feel comfortable in it man.

5. Parmezans

Parmezans Member

Wouldn't agree.
    Many times, "proper fit" isn't the most comfortable fit.
    Do you feel more comfortable in a regular fit, slightly billowy shirt, or a slim fitting one, where you can't raise your arms without stretching the **** out of everything? :)

6. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

7. canstyleace

canstyleace Senior member

What is that? rg maybe.

post a fit pic on here and get some proper fb

8. superego

superego Senior member

it's armani. link to geller piece?

9. boned

boned Senior member

Has anyone tried Corter's new belts? How do they compare to say Tanner's or Hollows natural veggie tan offerings? I know Tanner's is a stretch because it's a $100 belt, but I do think they're slightly overpriced for the job done (from what I've seen). Hollow's just restocked a 9 oz natural offering for $60 as well, which I'm very interested in.

Corter's
    [​IMG]

Hollow's
    [​IMG]

So I guess my main question is, does thickness matter? Corter's is 12-14 oz and looks like a beast, but Hollow's new 9 oz seems much more refined (waxed and smoother edges). What's the best value here?

10. direstrats220

direstrats220 Member

I just got my corter leather belt a week or so ago, and I couldnt be happier. I also have a tanner belt, a filson belt, and a handmade belt from a local leather worker for casual wear. The corter belt is so thick you could rest a cup on it, and is currently breaking in very nicely. The hollows belts look fantastic, but I seriously doubt I am going to buy another belt for 20 years, except maybe a dress belt to match some shoes. As far as quality goes, the corter is not as nicely finished as tanner, but its probably more durable and has a great rugged look to it.

11. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Are there any selvedge denim that is made with stretch material like elastene? I ride bikes fairly often which stretches out the thighs and waist on my jeans.

12. canstyleace

Richard jacket

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  13. superego

superego Senior member

lol, design's looking a LITTLE different

14. canstyleace

Yeez, no shit...
    (I do like the richard better though)

15. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

LOL at the model buttoning the top two. Some of these stores don't even try to make their stuff look good.

16. superego

superego Senior member

that seemed apparent

:facepalm: three buttons with a top loop enclosure, middle two are buttoned

jfc, sf hivemind is hard at work tonight

17. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Is it possible that your clothing is too fitted?

1 person likes this.
  18. boned

boned Senior member

Thanks for responding. If you were to go back and do it again would you get Corters or Tanners first? Is the thickness a bigger pro than a more refined finish?

19. masshi

masshi Senior member

What's a nice, cheap ($100 or less), versatile belt that'll age nicely?

Mostly gonna wear them with some APC's i got to prevent waist stretching.

Also, dumb question, but how do you size a belt? I wear a 27 in APC PS, so my waist is around 28" or 29" (I think)?

edit: Actually, if it's that much better, I wouldn't mind spending more than $100.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  20. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

I like this leather jacket from the Japanese Company "Freewheelers", but it is $2000+ bucks.

Is this is a good jacket? Is it worth the price? If not, are there similar choices? I don't know anything about leather jackets.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]