1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Ian Macdonald

Ian Macdonald Member

Yes, it's just rain that's the issue. Just looking for some unorthodox options as everything I've seen so far seems a little too work-weary/americana-y.

2. Obscured

Obscured Active Member

Hallo

I plan on buying a Rick Owens Wool Coat for the following winter and would like to know something about the quality. So are the used materials worth the money and how warm are RO coats normally? I need a coat that keeps me warm up to -20 degree.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  3. zippo69

zippo69 Well-Known Member

Anyone know a good korean proxy? Looking to get some stuff from studehomme.

4. doopdoop

doopdoop Well-Known Member

I have some Iron Hearts and Flat Head denim. I also live next to the equator where it is extremely hot and humid all the time. I'm looking for footwear advice. I think Iron Hearts look a bit out of place with Converse and other sneakers. I'm wondering if there are other good alternatives. I like boots, but I'd probably look way out of place with some of the more "sturdy" work boots. I was thinking maybe Stacy Adams Madison boots would work, but I've heard a lot of complaints about their shoes. Are there any boots that are more lightweight that would look good with denim?

5. helpme9999

helpme9999 Member

Short guy here
    I have an abnormally large chest for my height. I need to find Oxford shirts with 31.5 inch sleeves with around a 35 inch chest. Anybody think they can help find a place to get these. Guess is the only store that I've been able to find the perfect size, but they don't have a wide variety of formal dress shirts. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

6. jkwon3

jkwon3 Member

I'm pretty new to the world of sneakers other than vans or chucks. What are some of the better looking, preferably leather high tops. For under $150

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  7. jkwon3

jkwon3 Member

Giving your preferred measurements would help a lot

8. helpme9999

helpme9999 Member

31.5 inch sleeve.
    35 inch chest.
    13.5-14 inch neck.
    16.5 inch shoulder-to-shoulder.
    I apologize if I'm missing any measurements, but these are usually the only ones I use/notice. If any other measurements could help, please let me know what these are.

9. jkwon3

jkwon3 Member

Bump

10. superego

superego Senior member

11. jkwon3

jkwon3 Member

12. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

13. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

Dont think he wanted expensive. The guy looking for formal dress shirts how tall are you? Those measurements did you not look around on any affiliate who listed measurements? Pretty sure your xs.

Depending on where you measure your sleeve and how tall you actually are 35" for a chest is not big at all.

14. strangebrew

strangebrew Well-Known Member

Thanks

Would an untucked shirt with thick tweed pants be ok?

15. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

depends how it looks take a look in the mirror does it look good?

16. mrcoffee

mrcoffee Senior member

Anyone know what pants this model is wearing?
    [​IMG]

17. helpme9999

helpme9999 Member

I'm 5'4". I've looked around on multiple websites and the only two stores that have measurements that suit me are Gap and Guess. Most of the other stores with XS have 31-33 inch chest. When I do find Extra Smalls with 34-36" chest, the sleeve is usually a 32.5" sleeve. I don't want to sound too picky but that inch usually makes a big difference.
    It's very possible that I'm not even looking at the right stores, since I am just entering the world of style. Any suggestions that I should check out?
    If that's about it, I guess I'll try to manage with these two stores.

18. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

where are you finding extra small with a 31-33 chest? thats incredibly tight.... sounds like your incredibly picky with the fit/look you want the only thing that can satisfy these types of people is a tailor.

you'll probably mess up the first couple of pieces and/or take multiple tries.

19. nahmon

nahmon Member

20. fides

fides Active Member

hey guys quick question, I wanted to know something about the clarks desert mali boot, should i get it in beeswax or brown. I mainly wear trousers with dull and dark tones. Also sizing for clark, half a size down or full? thanks.