1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

looks like he's young and just threw on anything remotely dressy in his closet together.

where would you actually go out to in that outfit...?

2. SimonPeters

SimonPeters Member

Erm nowhere now

3. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

nope

4. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

nah

5. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Guess not.

6. enjay

enjay Active Member

Sorry I didn't realize this was under SW&D. Question removed.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  7. enjay

enjay Active Member

Yeah but that isn't exactly done well. All the pieces really need to work very well, that is not the case here for the reasons the other guy pointed out. Agreed on shoes and pants.

8. SimonPeters

SimonPeters Member

Wow I forgot how helpful and constructive criticism is on this forum. I wont be back you elitist self-obsessed rude fucks

1 person likes this.
  9. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

You might not be back... but you're still the one going out dressed like that.

Two of those quotes weren't even responses to your outfit - they were about wearing ties without jacket in a "SW&D" context (there is no context where this is acceptable unless your job requires it). You asked for feedback... maybe browse the WAYWT threads and find looks you like and copy those. If you just want to fit in, you might as well copy some random GQ/J. Crew editorial or whatever.

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

You got helpful criticism in the first reply. Didn't even say thank you

11. enjay

enjay Active Member

Did you not see this post?

"Burn shoes. Pant rise/fit is not flattering. Don't wear tie without jacket."

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif]I can elaborate for him if you'd like. You are wearing a black button down shirt, a skinny overly shiny tie without the top button closed (you aren't Justin Timberlake) all of which is bad. If you want that explained to you, then this isn't the place to post the question, I'll just say everything needs to be done right for the tie/shirt no jacket look to work, and you ain't doing it. The pants do not look good on you, maybe it's your body type, but those are unflattering. Again, if you want specifics, this isn't the place, trust us when we say they look bad. The shoes are ugly straight up. You are wearing navy/vomit shoes, maroon pants, black shirt, grey tie. None of that works. Oh, and no belt. Sorry if your precious feelings were hurt. Go read some basic style guides, it'll take 5 minutes. [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, clean, sans-serif]TLDR: The outfit is atrocious from top to bottom. Literally. [/FONT]

12. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

I wasn't commenting on the outfit, just the tie without a jacket comment.

13. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

simonpeters you definitely don't want to be tucking in shirts if you plan to wear your pants that high. you should probably not wear a tie because in that look right there it looks like you want to be casual but trying to impress someone at the same time.

with that build you have there you probably want to get a button down thats fitted in the shoulders and chest but not as fitted in the waist/hem. make sure its the right length to wear untucked. so we can hide some of the top block of your lower half. now i know most people on this forum wear tapered slim pants but they are usually skinny or don't care what other people think.

you my friend should not be wearing tapered. slightly tapered maybe i'm thinking you would look decent in the correct size apc ns broken in. the shoes those should not be worn out in a social setting where you plan on seeing a lot of people because they are terrible.

i'd imagine with your build the hem opening on whatever pants/denim you pick should be big enough for a nice pair of boots/oxfords. just wondering do you have a long blonde ponytail?

1 person likes this.
  14. SimonPeters

SimonPeters Member

Thanks very much!

This is exactly the feedback I was looking for, really appreciate you taking the time to put together some constructive criticism.

There is a long blonde ponytail in the pic, I have long hair and usually wear it down but tied it back for the photo.

Cheers again

Simon

1 person likes this.
  15. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Senior member

X-post from the Clarks thread:

16. gezzer

gezzer New Member

Anyone know where I can find a jacket like this?

[​IMG]

17. pluran

pluran New Member

Is an Arcteryx Fission SL jacket too warm for Portland, OR in December ? Sometimes low to high 20's, usually low to high 30's, wet, often windy. Seems like anything more than high 30's and it might get hot. Do you own one? Talking normal activity levels, no heavy aerobic stuff that would generate a lot of body heat. I'm a big guy. Athlete. I stay pretty warm but don't like freezing my ass off in cold weather. I don't like a lot of layers either.

Is there anyone there? I guess not. I tried on the Fission SL. It's a killer. Still not sure it's what I want. Hell, I'll buy it anyway. Can't go wrong owning something like that.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  18. blacksamurai30

blacksamurai30 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I'm looking for a medium sized duffle that looks like this Filson one, but instead of denim, I'm looking for one in navy. I'm a big fan of the navy with lighter colored leather, but I can't seem to find one...

[​IMG]

19. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  20. BenMusch

BenMusch Member

How's the fit on these? what alterations, if any, should I get done? Ignore the crappy shirt and posture in the first pic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]