1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

It sounds fine. Lace it up tight and it shouldn't slip. You can try adding an insole to the boots or wear thicker socks.

2. Rolloo

Rolloo Member

Yeah I was just running in it with no problem. I guess all I'm worried about is it isn't really a "tight" fit since I see all this talk about breaking in boots

3. JimmyDean1991

JimmyDean1991 New Member

Hey guys, having a problem.

Going to buy some new jeans online and I prefer the slim/straight jeans. I'm 5'10 150lbs, most people say I'm a slim/skinny build but think I'm average.

I've been wearing 31x32 for the past 2 years, but now my jeans which consist of 508 Levis and other Slim/Straight jeans are getting a bit tight. A bit around my calf and butt region. I'm debating whether to get 32x32 or even 33x32 because some slim/straight cuts are actually skinny.

For these jeans:
    Altamont The Whilshire Staple
    Comune The Lindon Jeans

Should I go for the 32x32 or 33x32? I read some reviews that the jeans may feel a bit tight which is why I'm debating to go up to 33. Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  4. dustor

dustor New Member

anyone know a site where they can compare brands and other retailers really quickly?

only one I know of is www.mpashop.com but it is not exactly meant for that.

5. aglose

aglose Senior member

6. Ossington

Ossington Active Member

Do the Japanese APC stores participate in the butler program?

7. jtp2

jtp2 Member

Where can I purchase a Navy Blazer fully canvassed?

What four colors in dress slacks should I purchase? What brand(s) are the best?

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

You didn't post a budget.

9. jtp2

jtp2 Member

$500 to $600 for the Blazer

Trouser $150

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Would just go with forum affiliate Epaulet in that price range. That's where a majority of my work clothes come from. Probably mid gray / charcoal / navy / something brown toned.

http://epauletnewyork.com/

11. TimothyShaw

TimothyShaw Member

Looking for good dress shirts that I can buy online in 3's or 4's for a fair price.

12. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

What do people here think of "Freewheelers & Co", Japan made. I don't remember reading any reference to it or seeing it much. Is it legit? (Esp the ones with the extra trim by their pockets)

[​IMG]

13. aglose

aglose Senior member

Is there a limit to how much a tailor can take in the bottom of a jacket? I need probably 5 inches taken in around the waist and then maybe 3 or so out of the chest. If this would be better served in the tailors thread I can move it over there. Thought this could be a simple answer.

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I would just abandon that particular jacket and cut my losses.

15. elisiX

elisiX Senior member

This

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

Anyone has experience with Mismo?

16. mrcoffee

mrcoffee Senior member

second one is better imo. Don't like the way the pocket looks on the first one.

17. Totakeke

Totakeke Senior member

Mismo stuffs look nice on their own, but they don't really carry well with clothing... IMO.

18. orionz06

orionz06 Active Member

I just scored a pair of AE Strands at the suggestion of a member here and am now addicted, as well as enlightened as to what to wear. Anyway... Among the things I would like to change with my wardrobe a few more pairs of nice shoes that I can wear to work and to go out in are on the list. I am not sure where they fit in but the shoes that have my eye right now are the AE Neumoks, in particular the blues. Nordstrom's has them for $170, $90 off. That is a hell of a deal for a new pair, I believe. Any reason to not get them?

19. digga

digga Senior member

If this will only be your second pair of good shoes, I would suggest getting something more versatile than blue wingtips.

20. orionz06

orionz06 Active Member

The purchase will not hold me back from getting something else. I'm just not sure if there is room for them in any wardrobe, especially in August.