1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. cptjeff

cptjeff Distinguished Member

Are they special laces?

They're common projects. The only acceptable laces are ones that are marked up to 5 times the price they should be.

2. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

They're common projects. The only acceptable laces are ones that are marked up to 5 times the price they should be.
    I use a platinum chain on my Paul Smiths, wasn't sure if CPs called for silver or gold

3. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Distinguished Member

anybody have experience with the crescent down parka? Daves Quality Meats has their parka made by them but its sold out. who else sells them? also how is fit and quality? thanks

4. Camacho

Camacho Member

Picked up some brown horn buttons at MJ Trimming today and think these will be too light for this navy jacket.. However, these were the darkest they had available.. Any thoughts prior to surgery? Thanks! [​IMG]

5. bluemax

bluemax Senior Member

Is there any trick to keep graphic Ts from twisting? I wash them cold on the gentle cycle, and hang dry them, but they still twist so that the side seams are no longer straight.

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Distinguished Member

Is there any trick to keep graphic Ts from twisting? I wash them cold on the gentle cycle, and hang dry them, but they still twist so that the side seams are no longer straight.

it's the way the cotton is spun on the mills, basically they do large runs going from left to right (or the other way I forget) so when they cut a strip for your shirt all the threads are running one direction. I believe the same reason why selvedge jeans get a leg twist on the right (usually)...

short answer, no, nothing you can do about it.

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Don't know about tees but jeans twist as a property of the twill weave

8. Bubuchnik

Bubuchnik Member

What brands would you guys recommend for some cheap tee shirts, plain and printed. Something under 30 pounds, or is it not possible to get good clothes at that price?

9. professoryoshi

professoryoshi New Member

Hi all,

Ive been looking around for a pair of inexpensive dark denims such as:

Cheap Monday Alive n Dry

I am not set on dry, but I am really looking for this type of shade or something similar.

Rigid 501 STF's?

Or I am just considering waiting it out and finding a pair of Nudies or APC's at around $80.

Any help choosing would be greatly appreciated!

10. Ermac

Ermac Senior Member

I'm ordering a pair of Nudie Slim Jims in Dry Japan. Some people are telling me to order true to size, while others day size down 1. Which is it?

Thanks

11. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Distinguished Member

I'm ordering a pair of Nudie Slim Jims in Dry Japan. Some people are telling me to order true to size, while others day size down 1. Which is it?

Thanks

Depends on how you want them to fit. A lot of people on the forums like their jeans to fit slimmer and tighter. If that is the case for you, then size down one. If you just want them to fit regular, then buy true to size.

12. splattered

splattered Senior Member

Vans Sk8-Hi ... wanted a couple more pairs of cheap shoes to alternate with my chucks hi-tops so i checked out the vans sk8 model. I've seen kids wear them and they look good, but when i actually went and held one in my hand i noticed something that bugged the hell out of me... the soles. The soles start wide and kind of curve inward/smaller as they go down towards the ground and that makes the toe look weird from the side. WTF is up with that? Chucks are flat all the way down but vans curve all funky? And several pairs i picked up had the toe stitching/perforation in different curves per shoe. Inconsitent quality it seems like... i know theyre cheap, but still. Does anyone else here wear them regularly? I'm sure id get over the weird soles

13. -Stylist-

-Stylist- Senior Member

anyone know where I can find this jacket? [​IMG]

14. cptjeff

cptjeff Distinguished Member

What brands would you guys recommend for some cheap tee shirts, plain and printed. Something under 30 pounds, or is it not possible to get good clothes at that price?

American Apparel, if you can get it in the UK. You should not be paying 30 pounds for a t shirt, that's just unnecessary.