1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

Birdwell Britches

pit to pit, shoulder to shoulder (assume you mean s2s)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  2. Gamgee

Gamgee New Member

When losing weight is it worth it to get your shirts constantly retailored and taken in around the middle, or should I just sticking to buying lots of cheap shit over and over until I'm at a more consistent body size?

3. mcfly26

mcfly26 Senior member

long shot here, but why acrimony only rejects my card payment? anything special i dont know?

4. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Anyone have help for my shoe sizing question?

5. Ecco

Ecco Senior member

Your shoe sizing question is entirely subjective based on how you want it to fit. Without knowing what boot you are talking about if you have that much room I'd say size down one and if it's too small, return.

And dude losing weight, it's entirely based on how much weight you are losing. The cheapest option is to deal with some fitting issues until you stabilize around your ideal weight. Or just keep hitting up Uniqlo but don't continuously tailor your shit.

6. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Lookin for a slim jean not made from cotton. I heard cotton jeans arent the way to go for slimmer guys because of stacking?

7. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

what is this i don't even

8. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Thanks

Thanks very helpful

9. riotior

riotior Well-Known Member

Quick question -- if I'm a M/15.5 in US, what size YSL shirt do I buy? I'm thinking 39, but for some reason I've got it stuck in my head that I'm a 42 (probably because there's only one left, and it's a 42). HELP

10. jacket

jacket Senior member

That's because your question was based on so many wrong assumptions, but to cut the gordian knot: no, stacking does not look bad on slim guys, just stick to cotton.

11. Master Milano

Master Milano Senior member

shit, i know i've been on the forum for forever but, how does one contact charly from TOJ and where is the product list :slayer:

12. jacket

jacket Senior member

Product list is on their tumblr called John coppridge or something and the email should be there as well, probably templeofjawnz@gmail.com

13. eglbc

eglbc Senior member

How do i edit my sig?
    Im totally missing where that is...

14. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

^^ Click on your username in the upper right hand corner of the screen and scroll down until you see Forum Signature. You will see a link that says Edit Signature. Click on that.

15. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

Anyone else lose their ebay feed?

16. Bortelli

Bortelli Senior member

Opinion on contrast collar shirts?

17. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I think they look douchey.

1 person likes this.
  18. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

A jean made from not cotton? So linen trousers? I'm not sure I follow... 99% of jeans are made from cotton, except for a few novelty/special run fabrics that are blends.

19. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I actually looked it up and there are wool jeans, but all of the ones I could find looked like dad jeans and were at least $250.00.

20. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Well, your question doesn't really make a lot of sense, which is why you're getting that sort of reaction.

As somebody else pointed out, almost all jeans are made of cotton. You could buy pants cut like jeans in some other material, but they won't really be "jean" as most people understand the term. And "stacking" is generally a product of the length of your hem. If you don't want stacking, just hem them appropriately. (Lots of people actually like the aesthetics of stacking.) And being skinny has nothing to do with it.