1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. amathew

amathew Senior member

Do you put shoe trees in your leather sneakers?

I've searched the forums and have seen a couple threads from MC where some people stated that they did. Have also seen some
    pics from the "recent purchases" thread in SWD with sneakers having shoe trees in them.

Yah? Nah?

2. mothball

mothball Senior member

I wouldn't wear balmorals with jeans.

3. Cole

Cole Senior member

I do, don't see why not if you have an extra pair of shoe trees

1 person likes this.
  4. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

Only if my sneakers are really smelly or if, I don't know, they got wet and then were crushed out of shape after that. I don't find they'd make any difference otherwise.

5. fides

fides Active Member

Budget is $200-$300. I was looking at the All Saints Hazard Boots, but apparntly the shoes are garbage quality and therefore overprice. Can someone suggest some boots in that price range, in a similar or equally casual-street style.

The hazard looks like this

http://www.ca.allsaints.com/men/footwear/allsaints-hazard-boot/

6. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Senior member

look for NDC and Moma on yoox

7. lineate

lineate Senior member

I don't particularly like Allsaints, nor respect the brazen designer knock offs they do, but I think thy get an unduly hard time around here when it come to "quality". It's wrong to say the quality is shit. I once had a pair of brogues that I wore for 3 to 4 years. A friend has a pair of combat boots with rubber sole that have been going nearly as long.

8. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

They're not total garbage but they're not worth that much.

9. NeedMoney

NeedMoney Member

Anyone know what style these pants/jeans are? And if they have a men's version?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. LowInFat

LowInFat New Member

What is the general consensus on grey suede oxfords? I think they look really nice and versatile but I don't see them often, so I'm reluctant as to how they're received.

Because it's my first time with them (and suede as a whole), I want to spend too much in case I don't like them. In particular, I'm eyeing the following 2 pairs:
    • Ben Sherman Mayfair Suede Oxford - Pic 1 - Pic 2
    • Bostonian Classic Grey Buck Oxford - Pic 1

Thoughts?

11. Jester87

Jester87 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Do jeans work with both the wingtip oxfords and the semi-brogue bluchers pictured above (both in walnut)?

12. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

why not try them on with some denim instead of taking a photo of them.

13. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

imo, they definitley work with the strands.

14. fides

fides Active Member

I dont see why they would'nt, granted trousers would be alot more accomadating in terms of the flow of the overall outfit. Again something along the lines of straight fit denim would work, something too slim or too loose would just be awkard.

15. fides

fides Active Member

I actually see the suede oxfords alot nowadays, I think they are coming back/ or trending right now (not too sure on the history of them) but yes I see alot of people pulling off the look, usually I see them being paired with trousers or chinos (rare compared to trousers), and usually the colors are of an earthy tones, autumn colors if you will.

16. fides

fides Active Member

Yes thats what I have also been told, the quality is sub-par compared to some other pairs in the 300-400 dollar range, and it was recommended to grab them in a sale. I only am looking at them because I'll potientially be going to live in the Carribeans for about 2 years this coming September or January and just wanted a boot that can suffice the weather over there, and potientially be beaten to sh1t but not make me feel bad :D Even though I feel bad for my shoes regardless of price.

17. fides

fides Active Member

18. Cole

Cole Senior member

@fides: you really need to learn how to multi-quote

19. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

Ive been looking for this givenchy crow t-shirt all over....i cant find where i can find a size M for sale. can anybody please help me out?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  20. AKang

AKang Senior member

[​IMG]

trying to find a store/brand that carries wide neck tees like this. nothing too crazy like some of those you see at american apparel or blk dnm. would prefer it to be within manhattan so i can go try it on.
    (i know i've asked this before and thought maybe it was overlooked. my apologies in advance for asking it again, but really tryin to find somethin like this since it's starting to get warmer.)