Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

I've noticed this term "pitti" starting to be used more and more. What does it mean?

2. jthan09

jthan09 Senior member

Does anyone have experience with Hugh and Crye's spread collar button downs? I'm looking for the shoulder measurements of the short/skinny shirts in particular.

3. amathew

amathew Senior member

It seems that 'red chinos' are one of the big trends for the spring season. I was wondering if anyone could suggest some decent colored chino's that were available
    at < $100. I don't think I'll be wearing them much so I'd rather not spend a lot on these pants. I wouldn't be able to wear them to work, so it'd mostly be a weekend thing.

Any suggestions. (red, green, or blue chinos)

Thanks

4. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Brooks Brothers Milanos came in a Tangerine color which I think was more red than orange last year. I would check there to see if they have any for this year.

5. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

It's a reference to the Palazzo Pitti in Firenze (Pitti Palace in Florence). The early '50s fashion scene in Florence, including shows staged at the Pitti Palace's Sala Bianca, gave rise to the post-war Italian fashion industry. The "Pitti" name became attached to the shows (e.g., "Pitti Uomo") and to the company, Pitti Immagine, that organizes them.

FYI: Literally, "Pitti" translates as "Picts," as in the Medieval Scots. But, this has little to do with the Pitti Palace, which was named after the banker who built it, Luca Pitti.

6. TheYachtMaster

TheYachtMaster Member

Yeah it's a joke nickname I was given

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  7. harrisonN

harrisonN Member

sure, I think henleys are great, don't button up all the buttons.

8. Flame

Flame Senior member

I recently just got a Hope cardigan as a gift. Heard of them before & seen their stuff online but this is my first time handling their product.

My assumption is that they are similar to mid tier labels like Acne & APC. Right?

9. chiggah

chiggah Senior member

where is the best place to cop calvin klein underwear boxer trunks ?

10. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

While I appreciate the response, I guess I was looking for an explanation of what people mean when they use it on this forum in the context of describing someone's style. What specific aspects of somebody's fit would let one describe it as "pitti"?

Filene's

11. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

Well, flashy socks, pocket square looking like heart ripped out, neck bandanas, unbuckled double monks, double breasted suits, etc, etc. That would be pretty much make one describe a picture as a "Pitti" look.

A picture is worth a thousand words...

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  12. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

What are the p2p and shoulder measurements on Brooks Brothers Extra Slim Fit ("ESF") shirts?

I'm looking for info on medium vs large.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  13. hyt123

hyt123 Senior member

Can anyone point me to a source for a chunky shawl collar cardigan in navy or brown? Did a search and the suggestions offered in those older threads are broken links or no longer made. TIA

14. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Inverallan End, DSM and Inventory sells them, but you are bit late in the season, so I think you have to wait until august to get your hands on one.

4horsemen has an annual shawl collar knit, I can't remember, what this years was, but you should be able to find one.

15. QuakerPride

QuakerPride New Member

Hi everyone!

So, I need to figure out what to wear for a mixer this week. It's a networking event for undergraduate students and young professionals right out of school at a high-end NYC restaurant and bar. Supposedly the dress code is "smart casual". Any idea what I should wear to this? I was thinking chinos, nice tan lace-ups, and white RL oxford? But I'm not sure. Any advice would be much appreciated!! Thanks :)