1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

Can anyone recommend a boxy fitting red chambray shirt? All of the ones I've tried are too fitted. thanks

2. lineate

lineate Senior member

Uniqlo has one in stock

3. adamt

adamt Senior member

i have regular straight cut chinos , is it advised to get them tailored so they taper from the knee down to about 7.5" leg opening?
    or is there a better way to have the regular straight chinos tailored?

4. dEX

dEX Senior member

I'm interested in getting a inexpensive wool coat for winter, not a peacoat though. I saw this one Macauly Culkin was wearing and I really like it. Anyone know where I can get one like it?

[​IMG]

5. leeba

leeba Senior member

Where to cop pants/jeans similar to this (pic from Schneider lookbook). I like the dark rich color/slight sheen on them, sorta have a dress up/dress down sorta vibe. Think that these could go nicely with black OR white shoes.

[​IMG]

These actual pants have an elastic knit hem at the back which isn't really my thing, thats why I'm looking for something similar. Only requirement is that it tapers nicely but still has some thigh space.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  6. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

honestly, they just look like midnight blue wool trousers with a heavy taper. shouldn't be too elusive. try yoox or something

7. leeba

leeba Senior member

^
    Thanks - hopefully I can find more of a casual (jean) variation, not really looking for actual trousers for now

8. justpflo

justpflo Active Member

What would be some good sneakers to wear every day as street wear during spring/summer? (no converse and vans please !!)
    Looking for sneaker with decent support ( for my poor knees!) and some breathability!

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

That is called a CPO jacket I think. Epaulet had one recently.

http://epauletshop.tumblr.com/post/2303773769/epaulet-cpo-jacket

10. Cole

Cole Senior member

street wear its a very broad term, give us a bit more insight into what you wear/your style so that we can give better recommendations for you

11. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Senior member

where is a good place to shop for watch bands? the keeper on my daily watch (Bulova Precisionist) just broke last night and the band itself has seen better days. here is a pic of the watch (not mine) -
    [​IMG]

i guess i'm looking for another leather band... not sure what would look good besides something extremely similar to what was on there.

12. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

^ crownandbuckle.com

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  13. Broark

Broark Senior member

I figured this would be the place to ask this real quick.
    I'm thinking about getting a pair of Common Projects Achilles Lows and I usually wear a 12 in most sneakers (Vans, Shoes Like Pottery).
    I'm guessing a 44 would be best since they tend to run big?
    Thanks in advance.

14. leeba

leeba Senior member

Does Dark Gray/Dark Charcoal edge dressing exist? Or would a lighter coat of black do the job. Don't like how the sole on my boots turn 'natural' with wear, I think the dark gray/black-ish sole looks better...

15. BACON

BACON New Member

yo does anyone know what the outsole sizes are for the different sizes of DBSS sneaks? (sz3 in particular)

thanks

16. vogs

vogs Well-Known Member

Hi!

I saw that jacket which looks great in my oppinion. What do you think. Does this jacket fit right?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=12664cy&s=6

What do you think of the shoulder width?

I have also a generally question to the shoulder width. Where should the shoulder part of a shirt, jacket, t-shirt, polo... end (where should the seam where sleeves begin be?)?

17. Cole

Cole Senior member

there lots of cp sizing info if you look around, but I'm a 10.5 in vans and a 43 in cp Achilles lows of that provides any insight

18. saywordsahn

saywordsahn Well-Known Member

Can someone recommend me a casual shoe that works with both jeans and chinos and are comfortable enough to travel in this late spring/summer? I like my supergas but they rub my feet raw after a while. Would an Alden Indy boot be a decent choice?

19. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

How does MMM Side-zip sizing run?

20. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

No but a sz 3 in dbss is equivalent to a sz 10-11. You could get away with it if you're 11.5 too.

Like their gats, sz down 1.