Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. espen

espen Well-Known Member

Definitely more street, any suggestions?

2. Vaio

Vaio Senior member

what to wear a medium dark chambray shirt with?

black jeans/white jeans/ anything else?

3. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

Need a good camera to take some awesome fit pics. Nothing over $500 please. Ideas?

4. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

First of all, welcome to the forum. Are you more interested in casual clothes or more formal types of outfit. If the former, you are in the right place. If it's the latter, you should check out the Men's Clothing area. I would recommend that you look at the What are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) thread and just lurk for a while. Look to see what type of outfit appeal to you and then learn what about them. What is it about each fit that you like. Eventually, you will start to form ideas of what you would like to put together for yourself. When you're ready, post an outfit in the thread and be humble. You may not get the feedback you want, but it'll be the feedback that you need. Honestly, it's the best way to learn around here.

Also, would totally recommend the Random Fashion Thoughts thread.

5. yipjam

yipjam Senior member

6. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Lands end sucks. Stark is good if you're tall and really skinny, otherwise avoid - SNS makes other nice knits though.

7. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

has any canadians ordered from wrong weather before? did you guys get customs or brokerage fees when the package arrived?

8. Decemberist

Decemberist Member

I sent forward an email a while back and got this response, keep in mind it is from December 2011.

Hi there,

Thank you for your inquiry. We do offer a 30% discount off of your first order provided you have not received it previously. However, there is not a code for this discount. You may place the order and go ahead and email or call us with the order/invoice number and we can take the discount off for you.

Please remember that due to the manufacturer’s request, we are not allowed to use code matching and coupons on the following brands: True Religion, 7 for All Mankind, Citizens of Humanity, Paige, Hudson, Sugar Cane, T by Alexander Wang, JNBY, Diane von Furstenberg, Ash, Joe's Jeans, Cheap Monday, Clu, Common Projects, Rose, Band of Outsiders, J Brand, & Alexander Wang, Preen, Vince, 3sixteen, ALC, Theory, Joie, Soft Joie, Elizabeth & James, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Black Halo, and Juicy Couture.

I understand that this can be an inconvenience, but unfortunately it is a restriction placed upon us by the manufacturer. The discount can also not be used on Reverse orders. The discount will be able to be used on items which are already on sale as well as long as they are not located on the Reverse website. Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to doing business with you!

Regards,
    Celeste
    Customer Service

9. Decemberist

Decemberist Member

Could anyone recommend a cap similar to this one but less expensive? It's the ervell university cap. I like the short rim on it.

[​IMG]

10. bryce126

bryce126 Senior member

looking for tech brands to start research on a good outerwear goretex-y zip jacket with a good. Doesn't have to be super high fashion. Here's what I have, add if you can:

Acrteryx Veilance
    Aether Apparel
    Under Armour
    Attachment
    Nike x Gyakusou
    White Mountaineering

11. VLSI

VLSI Senior member

Manastash, Isaora, and Nau maybe?

12. bryce126

bryce126 Senior member

noted!

13. groovejet

groovejet Active Member

14. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

Help! Just spilled coffee on my new Oxford shirt. I'm at work and can't take this off. Should I be worried? What the best thing to do when I get home? Was thinking of taking this to a cleaner to launder but don't want to try clean. Any tips/ suggestions appreciated !!!

15. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

http://www.suddenlee.com/ does Uniqlo proxy.

Starting point #1: Don't buy anything for the next 6 months if you're going to be browsing this forum. You'll just be wasting money, because you'll turn around and start hating the stuff in no time at all.

You're talking about an oxford cloth shirt, right? As in, a typical dress shirt? I send my shirts to a cleaner after every wear, and any stains/spots usually come right out. Also, a chemist once told me that vinegar is good for removing certain types of stains (I suppose because of some kind of acid/base reaction, or other chemical magic).