1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. chocobo

chocobo Active Member

I just bought some new beeswax Clarks Desert Boots from Amazon. I have learned that it's common for them to come with some marks on them, they're supposed to get a worn look anyway so I don't care too much.

But there's one long straight mark (not sure if it's a scratch mark or what) that stands out and bothers me a little.

pic- http://i.imgur.com/eLn464q.jpg

How common do you think this is? Would you go to the trouble of exchanging them with an online retailer?

Would you recommend using Kiwi mink oil or Obenauf's LP, do you think that would darken or cover that scratch?

2. chocobo

chocobo Active Member

I wouldn't be worried at all. Paypal virtually always sides with the buyer, regardless of the situation. As an eBay seller I've had buyers "change their mind" after using a product for 2 weeks and get their money back. I've heard stories of buyers receiving refunds and shipping back a box of rocks - but to Paypal any package with a tracking number is proof of a return, so the seller can't do anything.

Also if you buy on Paypal with a credit card as the source of payment, you also have the option of filing for a chargeback on the purchase with your credit card company.

3. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

Nope. With the one who is actually writing something about the case.
    I have won my last dispute because only me, as a seller, wrote something to solve the case.

4. hoodyear

hoodyear Senior member

Then I suspect there wasn't much of a case to be had there. But when it's one man's word against another's and the evidence is inconclusive, the buyer usually comes out on top. Paypal works very hard to support their image as risk-free for buyers.

Quote: Potemkin, notice it says "doesn't arrive," not "doesn't ship." The seller needs to show the item's status as delivered and the date of delivery: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  5. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

as long as you can give a full statement about the case (and the buyer does not) you are the winner.
    it depends thought, you are right.

6. red81

red81 Senior member

can anyone recommend a us made gray crewneck sweatshirt? looking for a buzz rickson type , without the price tag preferrably.

also self edge's yellow rat sweatshirts were sweet, but all sold out.

something like this:

[​IMG]

7. suavv

suavv New Member

Just getting into fashion and had a crazy thought. How do boots go with shorts? I've attached a pic. Yes or hell naw!!?

Cheers!

[​IMG]

8. mr usneun

mr usneun Senior member

another push..maybe anyone new can specify it a little bit :)

9. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Forget the name of this blog but the dude lists brands iirc

10. Khuong Vu

Khuong Vu Member

i want buy this boots, but i don't know the name
    anyone knows this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

This is 100% common and will jut go away w/ use. Or rub it a little with your fingers. Don't use any product. Trust me.
    This. I went to elaborate lengths in terms of communication on a claim filed against me (seller) for an expensive item I shipped to Russia. PP sided w/ the Buyer, who literally did nothing save for open the claim. I was furious. As I was out my item, and the money. In the end, the item showed up one day at my house, weeks later, returned by the Russian post office as undeliverable--triple checking revealed I'd sent it to the exact adress listed in both eBay and PP. Go figure Odd, lame, but in line w/ almost every PP story I hear

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  12. Jabonator

Jabonator Senior member

Only if you're hiking in the desert.

13. skintight

skintight Senior member

n o

1 person likes this.
  14. adamt

adamt Senior member

i currently have the following 4 pairs of denim jeans in different shades of blue, but wanted to know if gray jeans are suitable with casual shirts e.g OCBD, flannel, checked , vertical stripes ?

are these dark gray jeans a versatile color?
    for a 27 y/o man

[​IMG][​IMG]

i have dark brown boats shoes and dark ish brown chukka boots, so i want jeans that go well with them

I just find it difficult to picture my footwear with darker color bottoms, llke gray jeans
    or would they go well together, as well as the shirts?

heres my chukka boots & boat shoes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thank you

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  15. K2793

K2793 Senior member

Get rid of those true religions please

2 people like this.
  16. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

troll.

17. adamt

adamt Senior member

so can someone share the color denim jeans a 27 y/o should own/wear?
    ideally post pics of the jeans/color please as ones gray could be someone else's black or even dark blue
    thanks

18. EdwardB

EdwardB Senior member

It's not as much about color as it is about fading and details. The True Religions you posted have obnoxious back pockets and an ugly, unnatural fade. You'll want something with subtle or no details; Levi's are fine, but since you seem to have the money for stuff like True Religion, look into a brand like APC or 3Sixteen, who make denim with very minimal details. The result is a cleaner, better looking, more "grown up" looking jean. Alternatively, check out the "What Are You Wearing Today" thread on here. A lot of guys post the brands that they're wearing, so if you see something you like, you can look into it more that way as well.

Washes can be done well, but it would be better for you to go with something minimally processed (no fades). Find a brand with details you like, then look into their washes to see if they offer a "raw/rigid/rinse" colorway, which is just dark blue without fading. A decent pair of this kind of denim goes with most things. People on this board like gray/white/black too, but you should probably start with a dark blue pair first.

Since it seems like you're just starting out with this stuff, I'd recommend you take some time and read a site like putthison.com. Check out the articles in the links on the right side of the page. They do a web series and they had an episode on denim in their first season; I'd definitely look into that just to get some good basic knowledge on this type of stuff.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. rjbman

rjbman Senior member

MFA has tons of guides too, consider trying there.

20. einfallsloserName123

einfallsloserName123 Well-Known Member

Hi!

Is there something like styleforum fo women, with waywt-threads and stuff like that?

edit: And I mean the sw&d-part of styleforum.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013