1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Artking3

Artking3 Senior member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Since I've seen sales go as high as 75 to 90% off on suits, that includes a lot of great suit makers. You can find a list of reputable suit brands on this site, but you're going to have to find them on sale yourself.

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Almost none. Maybe sub $500 for just a jacket, or if you are super fat.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  3. drjsl22

drjsl22 Active Member

tretorns, or sperry cvo deck shoe.

1 person likes this.
  4. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Is this the first time that TBS is stocking RO? I don't think I've ever seen it before.

5. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Urgent question before I place an order: does the size chart/measurements on j crew website (or any other website) refer to the item's measurements or the supposed measurements of our body to wear that item? I'm confused because the numbers are in ranges (eg chest 32-34). Thanks!

6. bik2101

bik2101 Senior member

nope it's just a broad, general measurement. some items will fit closer to the range, some way off.

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i was just asking for some brands, you can search yourself as well, but guess what we have this nice thread where one can ask

8. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

Thank you but my question is still not answered. Do the numbers refer to the item itself OR that the item is intended for body with those measurements?

9. weven

weven Member

what do you guys think about hand-woven denim? Is it more exclusive than most denim or its quite simply just like other denim?

10. Ziga

Ziga Member

hey,

what sunglasses should I get based on the shape of my face? Would aviator shape work? Or should it be more boxy (was looking at some bolle models (pic is on the end of the post), closed on the sides, somewhat sport / active model.

Without further ramblings, here are pix:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    my body and the close-up of my face

here are some additional pics I took just now (shitty lightning but should work for the shape choosing I hope). The hairdo is off the charts as its raining slightly outside and I just could not bother with umbrella thus the bad hair.

[​IMG]
    the aviator (just taken)

[​IMG]
    current glasses, more like the bole model i mentioned

[​IMG]
    another example of current glasses

and a few more:
    [​IMG]

as for the bole models i think it was similar to these:
    http://www.bolle-europe.eu/products/sonar/shiny-black-tns

[​IMG]

or perhaps:
    http://www.bolle-europe.eu/products/origin/shiny-black-tns
    http://www.bolle-europe.eu/products/copperhead/shiny-black-polarized-tns

not sure which1, they all look somewhat similar

What would you recomend? What would fit on my face.

11. max_r

max_r Senior member

body size.

not many websites show measurements of the actual item, unless they're expensive clothes, or uniqlo.

12. Hype1234

Hype1234 Senior member

Anyone know measurements on generic Jcrew sizing (ie, S,M,L)? Specifically, looking at the ludlow sportcoat in corduroy. I'm a 38R in ludlow jackets. Will medium be ok, or is it going to fit like something from the gap?

13. Jeffrey Hou

Jeffrey Hou Well-Known Member

99 dollars, robert geller Mohair cardigan? YAY or NAY?[​IMG]

14. red81

red81 Senior member

anyone know of any 100% cotton gray crewnecks, preferrably us made, but good imports will do as well? slimmer fitting.

15. pinedust

pinedust Well-Known Member

16. mjba

mjba Active Member

17. dan138zig

dan138zig Senior member

18. adamt

adamt Senior member

hi,
    im thinking of buying my first set of oxford cloth button down shirts, one in blue, one in white, and maybe one in pink,
    but before i buy them, would it be wise to buy a pink ocbd shirt?

is it versatile like the blue and white ocbd shirts?

also, what bottoms go best with ocbd shirts? chinos?, jeans?, any specific colors?
    it will be worn for casual evening and weekend wear? casual = bars/pubs,. restaurants, shops, out with girlfriend or friends?

i intend to get plain ones, but what do you guys think of getting striped or checked ones instead?

im just a bit concerned they will look like a formal shirt you would wear in the office?

thanks for any opinions

19. rublev

rublev Senior member

Where can i get decent cropped trousers? Preferably black / navy. maybe even some linen. roomy up top but a decent taper. Don't say Uniqlo 'cos they don't have them over here in the UK stores. Also..., is cropping trousers yourself a terrible idea?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  20. drs6222

drs6222 New Member

I have a hard time finding button down shirts to wear out of the office, untucked. They look fine tucked in but when untucked I feel it hangs a bit low.

I have 1-2 shirts that seem to be a bit shorter and I feel it gives it a better look untucked.

Any particular brand or style to keep an eye out for shirts that fit like this?

I'm 5'9" , fwiw